For the sake of sanity🌚

Watch this thread
Poll: What are you doing in the new academic year?
GCSEs (1)
4.35%
A-levels (2)
8.7%
At university (9)
39.13%
Working (5)
21.74%
Gap year (2)
8.7%
Other (4)
17.39%
Dentaldreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Summer has started but I’m still in a haze, let’s get out of it.
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm feeling the exact same way but I tried to plan some things to better myself such as reading, going to the gym, practice my exam skill...etc. The situation that is worrying me is if I'll have the motivation to do it. I feel BURNED OUT!!!
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Reading Turtles all the way down ~ by John Green
Name:  97AB6F08-493E-444E-899F-33768FB2054F.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  198.9 KB
Half way through- so far I quite like it
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
that sounds beautiful and peaceful. it makes you wish you were the character in the book. I'm definitely putting that book on my bucket list😊
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by 523841)
I'm feeling the exact same way but I tried to plan some things to better myself such as reading, going to the gym, practice my exam skill...etc. The situation that is worrying me is if I'll have the motivation to do it. I feel BURNED OUT!!!
Same! Ugh I’m so stressed about results now🙈
I am planning on finally reading though, and hopefully doing more than just yoga. So similar plan to yours!
Are you doing your A-levels?
Dentaldreams
Rep:
that sounds beautiful and peaceful. it makes you wish you were the character in the book. I'm definitely putting that book on my bucket list😊
Its so good! I’ve had it for two years and finally picked it up. The main character is very relatable (personally) I hope to finish it by tomorrow, I’d definitely recommend it. Have you read John Green before?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Actually, I haven't read John Green before. Green seems to be a quite invaded on presenting emotive language which I always cease to infatuate more with.So, for sure I'm GETTING THAT BOOK!!. Also, YES!!, I am doing my A-levels and I'm stressing sooooo much from it as I picked 3 high qualified academic subjects which kind of shut me down that later led me to changing my subjects
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Actually, I haven't read John Green before. Green seems to be a quite invaded on presenting emotive language which I always cease to infatuate more with.So, for sure I'm GETTING THAT BOOK!!. Also, YES!!, I am doing my A-levels and I'm stressing sooooo much from it as I picked 3 high qualified academic subjects which kind of shut me down that later led me to changing my subjects
I highly recommend John Green! I’ve read almost all of his books- his books just connect with the reader on a whole different level.
Looking for Alaska is probably one of my favourites!
Aw no, what subjects?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
WOW!! I'm glad you love reading books. The people(friends) I associate with don't really like the idea of books because they find it too boring! (drama) *Kidding by the way*. My favourite genre of books are commonly romance and mystery..The ones that have really caught my right now is 'The Debutante '. it's very passionate and alluring ( definitely caught me that I'm so close to fainting).
OH Yep!! almost forgot. the subject I picked were law, criminology and English language
Dentaldreams
Rep:
WOW!! I'm glad you love reading books. The people(friends) I associate with don't really like the idea of books because they find it too boring! (drama) *Kidding by the way*. My favourite genre of books are commonly romance and mystery..The ones that have really caught my right now is 'The Debutante '. it's very passionate and alluring ( definitely caught me that I'm so close to fainting).
OH Yep!! almost forgot. the subject I picked were law, criminology and English language
Oh I love nothing more than to indulge into a good book! Same I only have like one friend who reads lol
Nice, I like thrillers and contemporaries mainly.
Ohh that sounds good👀 I’ve made a note of that book!
Very interesting, what do you hope to do with those subjects?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The things is... I've always dreamed to be a barrister and get a degree plus master's at University. Each individual around my surroundings always remind me it's a hard subject which it is but that's what thrives to want that qualification more. Also, I'm being rude because I haven't asked if you are doing A-levels or something else?
Dentaldreams
Rep:
The things is... I've always dreamed to be a barrister and get a degree plus master's at University. Each individual around my surroundings always remind me it's a hard subject which it is but that's what thrives to want that qualification more. Also, I'm being rude because I haven't asked if you are doing A-levels or something else?
That’s a great goal to work towards!! I had a hunch it would be something along those lines. I’m also very happy to see that you are working harder and taking everyone’s opinions as motivation!
I’m a dental nurse, I started straight after school as an apprentice and decided to pursue Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy after my experience, however I have been rejected from university two years in a row I’ve just done A-level biology (final exam was today) alongside my level 4 in extended dental nurse duties (hopefully finishes on Monday) I’m a bit of a mess tbh, 20 years old and stuck while my friends move on.
-sorry for the long explanation
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
To some extent, you really shouldn't beat yourself up!. Even though, the rejection of two universities has enable to cause a certain dilemma in your mind to always fail but that rejection shouldn't define you as a person.They are not labelling you as a failure, they are wanting to see your potential on how far you are going to take until you impress them than they can accept you. So What! that you are 20 years olds. You are still alive and breathing (etc Have a great job on the side). Of course, there are issues paying for A- levels but you always have to remember that there's always a second change around every corner.
I know how you are feeling when you said you are stuck. it's a negative emotion that always seem consume you on why I'm stuck and can't progress.Whilst everyone in my surroundings is excelling in life but don't let that fool you. People have a different way of learning from you, parents have money to hire tutor or a family member have similar qualifications to the subjects they chose. I'm not saying anything students who have these opportunities but you need to realise this is not the end. keep going till you make it😊
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I made a lot of grammatical issues in there - sorry
Dentaldreams
Rep:
To some extent, you really shouldn't beat yourself up!. Even though, the rejection of two universities has enable to cause a certain dilemma in your mind to always fail but that rejection shouldn't define you as a person.They are not labelling you as a failure, they are wanting to see your potential on how far you are going to take until you impress them than they can accept you. So What! that you are 20 years olds. You are still alive and breathing (etc Have a great job on the side). Of course, there are issues paying for A- levels but you always have to remember that there's always a second change around every corner.
I know how you are feeling when you said you are stuck. it's a negative emotion that always seem consume you on why I'm stuck and can't progress.Whilst everyone in my surroundings is excelling in life but don't let that fool you. People have a different way of learning from you, parents have money to hire tutor or a family member have similar qualifications to the subjects they chose. I'm not saying anything students who have these opportunities but you need to realise this is not the end. keep going till you make it😊
This means a lot- thank you.
It was over 5/6 universities, I reapplied to some, and I guess it just knocks back your confidence when you try your hardest and still nothing.
Honestly I tried being really positive but since April I’ve just been really down regarding my future plans and I think it’s probably negatively impacted my biology exams.
You’re right though! I should be more grateful for what I have rather than focusing on what I don’t have.
Thank you for your kind words!!🤗

Also quick question, do you listen to podcasts? If so I’d recommend Infraction, a lawyer and her best friend who studied psychology, break down cases of true crime- it is brilliant.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Thank you, I always appreciate your kind words.
You’re absolutely right, and I agree with you too, but sometimes I just can’t help but feel awful about myself- I’m working on it though.
Hopefully I’m third time lucky and perhaps my application experience will help me approach this round better. However like you said, maybe there’s something completely different waiting out there, just as rewarding. Only time will tell I guess.

I hope that you’re doing well
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If it makes you feel any better, I also have no idea what i'm doing this coming academic year

I'm currently on a "gap year", and if there's one thing I have learnt is that as long as you are still holding on/working towards your goals, then that's all that matters
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
If it makes you feel any better, I also have no idea what i'm doing this coming academic year

I'm currently on a "gap year", and if there's one thing I have learnt is that as long as you are still holding on/working towards your goals, then that's all that matters
Hey, I remember you were looking for a teaching job? I hope that’s going well.

I couldn’t agree more!
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
Hey, I remember you were looking for a teaching job? I hope that’s going well.

I couldn’t agree more!
Yeah that's me lol it ain't going so well, got rejected post-interview the other day 😬

I hope things look up for you soon, rooting for you!!
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)

I'm in a similar boat, all shall be well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads