What do I do on results day if I don’t get the grades I want for biomed?

Watch this thread
SpringBlue
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t wanna take a gap year, I don’t know what to do at all. Now that exams are over, I’m scared…
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SpringBlue)
I don’t wanna take a gap year, I don’t know what to do at all. Now that exams are over, I’m scared…
You see what's available through Clearing.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SpringBlue)
Being worried at this stage is totally normal.

There is nothing you can do until you get your results in August - try not to over-think everything.
There will be spaces in Clearing, anf you may also have done far better that you think.

'Results Day Stress' thread at the top of this forum - posts welcome.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Imagepdf version
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(PQ, this is too small to read for most people, especially on phones)
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
I can read it on mobile by zooming in on the post here. But bizarrely if I click through, then imgur only has a low res copy.
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
It should be zoomable.
The pdf version is A3 and definitely zoomable.
joshmorrison444
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Its so difficult to not panic but really try and stop thinking the worst as much as you can.
Your be suprised how powerful your mind can be in decieving you, you will naturally go over the marks you know you didn't get while forgetting about the marks you did get.
I ended up with ABC and was honestly expecting all fails. What are your options and what grades do you need?
good luck but remember this worry will likely be for nothing!
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same situation. Biology didn't go it's best and I've never got top marks in chem, though I think I did alright. For some reason I think my best grade will be in rs 😂 try not to think about it as there is nothing we can do now but wait! As everyone else says clearing is still an option and I've been looking at some courses on ucas extra with lower grades that could possibly be in clearing. Good luck I hope you get the grades!
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The blue box bottom left talks about Adjustment, which I'm pretty sure isn't a thing any more.
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
The blue box bottom left talks about Adjustment, which I'm pretty sure isn't a thing any more.
Yes it isn’t a thing anymore.

if I have time I might update the flowchart but it’s not a huge deal given hardly anyone used adjustment.
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh I though adjustment was a new thing when did they remove it?
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
All vacancies are handled in Clearing now.

You can still phone a Uni without being 'in Clearing' - if they make you an offer, you can then put yourself in Clearing to pick that up.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Spelunker)
Oh I though adjustment was a new thing when did they remove it?
It’s been going for a few years now but was halted this cycle.
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
...but it’s not a huge deal given hardly anyone used adjustment.
Agreed. (I should have also said that the flowchart looks very useful - so thanks for putting it together.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads