Confused for A level subjects

Watch this thread
imstressed123
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did triple science IGCSE but I want to switch to maybe ict in Alevel, would that be a good decision?? I feel like if my bases arent strong I wont be able to handle A level ict...
I have a lot of doubts on which career path to go on but I am leaning towards computer science? But Im weak in maths and my average stanine is 4-5 so would taking futher maths in A level be difficult for me?? Ugh im so confused :")
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Many people who get 7s and above in GCSE maths have struggled with A-level maths; if you're only just managing to pass the GCSE then further maths is out of the question.

Do you want to do ICT or computer science? They are quite different subjects.

You don't need a university degree in computer science to work in related fields, but if you do plan on going to uni for that, you'll need better results in maths.
imstressed123
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just gave my GCSE's and I don't think I have done well... my school does not provide computer science in A level so I don't really know what to do? I guess it's better I just choose all three sciences in A levels and then learn coding as a side thing?
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imstressed123)
I am leaning towards computer science? But Im weak in maths
If you dont enjoy Maths, think again about Comp Sci.
You will need high grade Maths A level for a CS degree at most sensible Unis - and even a CS A level without string maths skills will be a struggle.

How to Choose 6th Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
33.33%
Take a gap year (5)
20.83%
Resit my exams (6)
25%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
12.5%
I don't know yet (1)
4.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads