I paid for an antigen test for my holiday and wasn't even asked for it

Watch this thread
issawrap
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
No one even mentioned it at my destination, France

Where it says it's required: https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-r...e-UK-to-France
Last edited by issawrap; 1 month ago
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
''Should you wish to enter France from a “green” list country or territory:

No negative test on departure is required for travellers vaccinated according to EU regulations. These travellers must present proof of this vaccination to the transport company and border control authorities''

The uk is classed a green list. The United Kingdom has been on the green list since 31 March 2022.

Its unfortunate these things happen. We booked over 200 quids worth of pcr test whe coming home from the states, only for the rules to change whilst we was out there, so that was also money wasted.
Mintkoala
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by issawrap)
No one even mentioned it at my destination, France

Where it says it's required: https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-r...e-UK-to-France
Think link doesn’t say it’s required at all.
Last edited by Mintkoala; 1 month ago
issawrap
Rep:
(Original post by Ghostlady)
''Should you wish to enter France from a “green” list country or territory:

No negative test on departure is required for travellers vaccinated according to EU regulations. These travellers must present proof of this vaccination to the transport company and border control authorities''

The uk is classed a green list. The United Kingdom has been on the green list since 31 March 2022.

Its unfortunate these things happen. We booked over 200 quids worth of pcr test whe coming home from the states, only for the rules to change whilst we was out there, so that was also money wasted.
I'm unvaccinated.
issawrap
Rep:
(Original post by Mintkoala)
Think link doesn’t say it’s required at all.
Don't think you've read it.

Should you wish to enter France from a “green” list country or territory:

- No negative test on departure is required for travellers vaccinated according to EU regulations. These travellers must present proof of this vaccination to the transport company and border control authorities.

- Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure (departure of the first flight when the journey includes a connection), or a certificate of recovery (positive result of a PCR or antigen test carried out more than 11 days and less than six months previously.
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well I think your choices are to complain to France or accept it as a form of unvaccinated tax.
issawrap
Rep:
(Original post by StriderHort)
Well I think your choices are to complain to France or accept it as a form of unvaccinated tax.
That's funny. I'll go with option A.
Mintkoala
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Don't think you've read it.

Should you wish to enter France from a “green” list country or territory:

- No negative test on departure is required for travellers vaccinated according to EU regulations. These travellers must present proof of this vaccination to the transport company and border control authorities.

- Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure (departure of the first flight when the journey includes a connection), or a certificate of recovery (positive result of a PCR or antigen test carried out more than 11 days and less than six months previously.
I did read it, you didn’t state in your post that you hadn’t been vaccinated. It’s not France’s fault that you chose not to be vaccinated.

Imagine if you hadn’t had the test and they did ask for it, and you couldn’t get in to France. It’s like when you get on a train, more than half the time there’s no ticket inspector on board to check if I’ve got a ticket, I still buy a ticket anyway due to the possible consequences.
issawrap
Rep:
(Original post by Mintkoala)
I did read it, you didn’t state in your post that you hadn’t been vaccinated. It’s not France’s fault that you chose not to be vaccinated.

Imagine if you hadn’t had the test and they did ask for it, and you couldn’t get in to France. It’s like when you get on a train, more than half the time there’s no ticket inspector on board to check if I’ve got a ticket, I still buy a ticket anyway due to the possible consequences.
None of this makes sense or is relevant.

1) Why assume I'm vaccinated. Upon reading my post and the link, how difficult could it be to conclude that I'm unvaccinated.
2) Nobody said anything about it being France's fault that I'm unvaccinated.
3) I agree with your last point, but it's irrelevant.

If governments mandate that you need to show a negative test for entry, then they should ask for it upon entry.
Mintkoala
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
None of this makes sense or is relevant.

1) Why assume I'm vaccinated. Upon reading my post and the link, how difficult could it be to conclude that I'm unvaccinated.
2) Nobody said anything about it being France's fault that I'm unvaccinated.
3) I agree with your last point, but it's irrelevant.

If governments mandate that you need to show a negative test for entry, then they should ask for it upon entry.
The whole world isn’t going to change for one person complaining on TSR, or to anyone else. This is life, things you can’t control happen (or don’t happen) whether you like it or not.

The train ticket example is extremely relevant, it’s basically the same situation. I might not get my ticket checked, like your test result, but I need to have it anyway in case I get thrown off the train for not having a ticket if it is checked. Just like in case you were not allowed to enter France because you didn’t have the test result and it was checked, and be put straight back on a plane to the UK, so you needed to have the test result anyway.

None of us can predict the future of whether or not these things will be checked. You should always assume that they will be, that’s common sense. You don’t want to potentially put yourself in that situation where they do ask for something and you don’t have it. If these things are not checked then it’s not a big deal, the risk would be too big not to have them in case they were checked.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would definitely assume that you were vaccinated given the information in the OP.

The benefit of the test isn’t having some admin bod stamp on arrival. It’s of reducing the chances of you spreading COVID whilst you are there.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You're making a mountain out of nothing. You irresponsibly chose to remain unvaccinated therefore you rightfully had to pay for such a test. Presumably it's at France's discretion whether they ask you to present it, but even if they don't this doesn't change the fact that you have to have it. Complaining will be a waste of time, you'll just be laughed at because France hasn't made you pay for something that isn't required by them. Now, stop whinging and get vaccinated so you don't have to pay for a test in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (71)
67.62%
In the post (4)
3.81%
Text (15)
14.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.29%

Watched Threads