Dating a boy one year younger in school

Watch this thread
not.named_12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, I'm really panicked because I like this guy and he likes me and told my friend that he woud date me if he could. I'm year 10 , youngest in my year and he's year 9 the oldest in his year. he's really sweet and kind and always says he's here for me. I'm worried because I'm repairing my reputation currently with people in my year after malicious rumours. A lot of people still hate me for no reason to protect their reputation becaus eit's embarassing to say they openly like me ? I think people are starting to warm up to me a tiny bit more now and I'm worried they'll see I'm a pedo or make fun of me if I date the guy. People would bully me so much and I don't know if I can deal with even more hate. It wouldn't look weird as he's 6ft 1 and I'm 5ft 4 , but he's friends with a few 'popular' guys in my year but they see him as a younger kid who they're friends with. They would hate me and bully me forever. What can I do? Any advice would help thankyou xx
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by not.named_12345)
Hey, I'm really panicked because I like this guy and he likes me and told my friend that he woud date me if he could. I'm year 10 , youngest in my year and he's year 9 the oldest in his year. he's really sweet and kind and always says he's here for me. I'm worried because I'm repairing my reputation currently with people in my year after malicious rumours. A lot of people still hate me for no reason to protect their reputation becaus eit's embarassing to say they openly like me ? I think people are starting to warm up to me a tiny bit more now and I'm worried they'll see I'm a pedo or make fun of me if I date the guy. People would bully me so much and I don't know if I can deal with even more hate. It wouldn't look weird as he's 6ft 1 and I'm 5ft 4 , but he's friends with a few 'popular' guys in my year but they see him as a younger kid who they're friends with. They would hate me and bully me forever. What can I do? Any advice would help thankyou xx
If you like him, it doesn't matter what other people think
not.named_12345
Rep:
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
If you like him, it doesn't matter what other people think
Yeah I understand and I'm willing to give it a try but there is a problem where boys mature slower than girls, I don't know what people in our years would think and I'm terrified of getting bullied really bad or harassed. I know it's bad but I also think if people knew I dated him they'd be confused and repelled by me and wouldn't date me if they liked me ? it's so hard to think objectively on this. A few guys in my year also like me and i don't think they'd like me anymore if they saw me with the younger guy, they might spread even more malicious rumours
YourAverageApple
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

I hate to be this person, but if I had a coin for everytime my crush and I payed more attention to eachother than actual studies I’d be rich, I just think that you should focus on studying, especially coming to a student room app don’t expect dating advice, I feel like I could’ve been getting A’s instead of C’s and B’s if I had just paid more attention especially knowing that Year 11 was approaching, and most likely sorry to say but I doubt your relationship would last and thats just me being honest because respectfully they never do last, so my advice to you is to focus on your studying, and live a good life. If you really still like him and want to pursue him do that after Secondary school IF you don’t wanna do A levels or go to Uni, because if you wanna do that I’d recommend still just being friends but yk here and there flirting.
not.named_12345
Rep:
(Original post by YourAverageApple)
I hate to be this person, but if I had a coin for everytime my crush and I payed more attention to eachother than actual studies I’d be rich, I just think that you should focus on studying, especially coming to a student room app don’t expect dating advice, I feel like I could’ve been getting A’s instead of C’s and B’s if I had just paid more attention especially knowing that Year 11 was approaching, and most likely sorry to say but I doubt your relationship would last and thats just me being honest because respectfully they never do last, so my advice to you is to focus on your studying, and live a good life. If you really still like him and want to pursue him do that after Secondary school IF you don’t wanna do A levels or go to Uni, because if you wanna do that I’d recommend still just being friends but yk here and there flirting.
Yeah i do understand , I don't think I'm ready for it after previous relationshjip trauma but I'm currently revising for mocks but i have no concentration span for revision and I've only done a tiny bit even tho it's in a few days when they are coming up. I have lot of things to do but not any concentration. Do you have any tips for that? you seem very experiencedddd thank you
YourAverageApple
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah i do understand , I don't think I'm ready for it after previous relationshjip trauma but I'm currently revising for mocks but i have no concentration span for revision and I've only done a tiny bit even tho it's in a few days when they are coming up. I have lot of things to do but not any concentration. Do you have any tips for that? you seem very experiencedddd thank you
No problem, I was worried you wouldn’t take it too lightly but I’m glad you understand! I have just finished my A levels and an app that really helped me plan out my day especially the days I wanted to do revision was “Structured planner” I used this planner on the weekends for revision, I would do about 2hrs of revision on one subject and then have a break and start the revision again, you’ll see what I mean when you download it, so yeah definitely check that out! All the best! 😊
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
You’re right that generally girls mature faster than boys so girls tend to date guys older than them rather than the other way round if there’s an age gap, but it’s 1 year so it’s fine, don’t worry about it
not.named_12345
Rep:
(Original post by YourAverageApple)
No problem, I was worried you wouldn’t take it too lightly but I’m glad you understand! I have just finished my A levels and an app that really helped me plan out my day especially the days I wanted to do revision was “Structured planner” I used this planner on the weekends for revision, I would do about 2hrs of revision on one subject and then have a break and start the revision again, you’ll see what I mean when you download it, so yeah definitely check that out! All the best! 😊
Thank you so much that's really helpful. Congrats on finishing your A levels x
not.named_12345
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
You’re right that generally girls mature faster than boys so girls tend to date guys older than them rather than the other way round if there’s an age gap, but it’s 1 year so it’s fine, don’t worry about it
I guess you're right, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads