Y12 transition and a level options

Watch this thread
linasam
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya xx,
So first of all congrats to everyone for finishing ur GCSEs/A-levels.
I am gonna be in y12 this year and I am interested in taking Biology, French, Chemistry (or Physics) and Latin. I am from East London and I will to travel up to 1-1h30 daily. My grades would be in the range 6-9 Can u recommend me any suitable sixth forms in which I could apply on results day in addition to the ones I've already applied to??? Thanksssss a lot.
PS Its crucial for me to do French and Latin
Last edited by linasam; 1 month ago
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by linasam)
Hiya xx,
I am gonna be in y12 this year and I am interested in taking Biology, French, Chemistry (or Physics) and Latin. I am from East London and I will to travel up to 1-1h30 daily. My grades would be in the range 6-9 Can u recommend me any suitable sixth forms in which I could apply on results day in addition to the ones I've already applied to??? Thanksssss a lot.
Hey. This is probably not the answer you're looking for because I didn't go to sixth form. I was home-schooled. I'm just curious about your A Levels subject combination. If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to study with that combo?
linasam
Rep:
(Original post by DarylO)
Hey. This is probably not the answer you're looking for because I didn't go to sixth form. I was home-schooled. I'm just curious about your A Levels subject combination. If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to study with that combo?
Heyyy It's fine. I am aware it's not a typical combo. I would like to do a Biochem course in uni combined with a linguistics course (French) with a year abroad.
Last edited by linasam; 1 month ago
enhaza
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hiya xx,
ive found only grammar schools do latin, so maybe chelmsford (kegs) or woodford county, however i never went to a grammar school so i don’t have personal experience
linasam
Rep:
(Original post by enhaza)
ive found only grammar schools do latin, so maybe chelmsford (kegs) or woodford county, however i never went to a grammar school so i don’t have personal experience
thank uuuu xx
DarylO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Heyyy It's fine. I am aware it's not a typical combo. I would like to do a Biochem course in uni combined with a linguistics course (French) with a year abroad.
Ohhh, I see. That's a lovely and very interesting choice. Makes me wish I could speak another language 😄. I wish you the best with your sixth form application and your studies.
linasam
Rep:
Ohhh, I see. That's a lovely and very interesting choice. Makes me wish I could speak another language 😄. I wish you the best with your sixth form application and your studies.
Thank u so much! What courses are u doing ? I would be interested to find out
DarylO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank u so much! What courses are u doing ? I would be interested to find out
I'm taking an untraditional route because I moved here recently and couldn't afford three A Levels. I'm doing an Access to HE: Engineering course with A Level Maths. I'll be applying for Mechanical Engineering; preferably, a variation with Sustainable or Renewable energy.
linasam
Rep:
I'm taking an untraditional route because I moved here recently and couldn't afford three A Levels. I'm doing an Access to HE: Engineering course with A Level Maths. I'll be applying for Mechanical Engineering; preferably, a variation with Sustainable or Renewable energy.
That sounds sooo intriguing. I'm mesmerised when there are young people which are ambitious and strive towards success
DarylO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That sounds sooo intriguing. I'm mesmerised when there are young people which are ambitious and strive towards success
Thank you . I could say the same for you. Keep up the work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads