The Student Room Group

Y12 transition and a level options

Hiya xx,
So first of all congrats to everyone for finishing ur GCSEs/A-levels.
I am gonna be in y12 this year and I am interested in taking Biology, French, Chemistry (or Physics) and Latin. I am from East London and I will to travel up to 1-1h30 daily. My grades would be in the range 6-9 Can u recommend me any suitable sixth forms in which I could apply on results day in addition to the ones I've already applied to??? Thanksssss a lot.
PS Its crucial for me to do French and Latin
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by linasam
Hiya xx,
I am gonna be in y12 this year and I am interested in taking Biology, French, Chemistry (or Physics) and Latin. I am from East London and I will to travel up to 1-1h30 daily. My grades would be in the range 6-9 Can u recommend me any suitable sixth forms in which I could apply on results day in addition to the ones I've already applied to??? Thanksssss a lot.

Hey. This is probably not the answer you're looking for because I didn't go to sixth form. I was home-schooled. I'm just curious about your A Levels subject combination. If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to study with that combo?
Reply 2
Original post by DarylO
Hey. This is probably not the answer you're looking for because I didn't go to sixth form. I was home-schooled. I'm just curious about your A Levels subject combination. If you don't mind me asking, what are you hoping to study with that combo?

Heyyy It's fine. I am aware it's not a typical combo.:smile: I would like to do a Biochem course in uni combined with a linguistics course (French) with a year abroad.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by linasam
Hiya xx,

ive found only grammar schools do latin, so maybe chelmsford (kegs) or woodford county, however i never went to a grammar school so i don’t have personal experience
Reply 4
Original post by enhaza
ive found only grammar schools do latin, so maybe chelmsford (kegs) or woodford county, however i never went to a grammar school so i don’t have personal experience

thank uuuu xx
Reply 5
Original post by linasam
Heyyy It's fine. I am aware it's not a typical combo.:smile: I would like to do a Biochem course in uni combined with a linguistics course (French) with a year abroad.

Ohhh, I see. That's a lovely and very interesting choice. Makes me wish I could speak another language 😄. I wish you the best with your sixth form application and your studies.
Reply 6
Original post by DarylO
Ohhh, I see. That's a lovely and very interesting choice. Makes me wish I could speak another language 😄. I wish you the best with your sixth form application and your studies.

Thank u so much! What courses are u doing ? I would be interested to find out :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by linasam
Thank u so much! What courses are u doing ? I would be interested to find out :smile:

I'm taking an untraditional route because I moved here recently and couldn't afford three A Levels. I'm doing an Access to HE: Engineering course with A Level Maths. I'll be applying for Mechanical Engineering; preferably, a variation with Sustainable or Renewable energy.
Reply 8
Original post by DarylO
I'm taking an untraditional route because I moved here recently and couldn't afford three A Levels. I'm doing an Access to HE: Engineering course with A Level Maths. I'll be applying for Mechanical Engineering; preferably, a variation with Sustainable or Renewable energy.

That sounds sooo intriguing. I'm mesmerised when there are young people which are ambitious and strive towards success :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by linasam
That sounds sooo intriguing. I'm mesmerised when there are young people which are ambitious and strive towards success :smile:

Thank you :h:. I could say the same for you. Keep up the work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending