A-level French and Latin

Watch this thread
linasam
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hiyaaa xx,
I am gonna be in y12 in September, I applied to various sixth forms in my ends, however only one of them offers both French and Latin.
Do u have any recommendations for sixth forms in East; south-east; or South London which run them courses?? And what are the requirements for Latin? Do u need gcse qualification in Latin??? and which exam boards are 'the best' for doin a lang???
Thankssssssss x

ps for context my other options are chem and bio
HardlyHuman
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I know Hill's Road offers both but deadlines for most sixth forms have already passed? Have you applied to any?
linasam
Rep:
(Original post by HardlyHuman)
I know Hill's Road offers both but deadlines for most sixth forms have already passed? Have you applied to any?
Yesss, I've applied to perhaps 6 and I have 3-4 conditional offers. But I decided that I wanna do latin quite soon so only one or two of them offer it. Btw isn't Hill's road in Cambridge. Or my memory is bad. Thanksss
Last edited by linasam; 1 month ago
HardlyHuman
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by linasam)
Yesss, I've applied to perhaps 6 and I have 3-4 conditional offers. But I decided that I wanna do latin quite soon so only one or two of them offer it. Btw isn't Hill's road in Cambridge. Or my memory is bad. Thanksss
it is, so in the East? Or did I misunderstand. Normally yes you need to do gcse Latin to do Latin A-level but check the schools you have applied to, they should post the requirements on the website
linasam
Rep:
(Original post by HardlyHuman)
it is, so in the East? Or did I misunderstand. Normally yes you need to do gcse Latin to do Latin A-level but check the schools you have applied to, they should post the requirements on the website
thankssss x
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Unis dont care about 'which board' - its just an A level.
And no, you wont be able to do A Level Latin without a good grade at GCSE.

Read all of this - How to Choose 6th Form Subjects - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads