University entry requirement

Watch this thread
memyselfandi1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do accounting and finance at the university of Warwick. My predicated grades meet the a level entry requirements however the website says that you need a grade 7 in a GCSE social science/humanities subject. But I am currently doing a social science A level. Is it worth still applying?
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by memyselfandi1234)
I want to do accounting and finance at the university of Warwick. My predicated grades meet the a level entry requirements however the website says that you need a grade 7 in a GCSE social science/humanities subject. But I am currently doing a social science A level. Is it worth still applying?
Why not contact Warwick admissions team directly and ask them? If they require a GCSE you don't have, then at least you know where you stand -- and you won't waste a UCAS space on an application that's doomed to fail.
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No harm in emailing to see if they’ll consider that as an exception.

However I wouldn’t get your hopes up, often (almost always) GCSE requirements are seen as non-negotiable (and leads to a quick rejection) unless their is a hugely exceptional circumstance. And on that basis I recommend asking admissions before formally applying.

Never say never, but don’t get your hopes up.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am reasonably confident they’ll accept a social science at AL in place of GCSE. As above, get something in writing before you apply though.
memyselfandi1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
No harm in emailing to see if they’ll consider that as an exception.

However I wouldn’t get your hopes up, often (almost always) GCSE requirements are seen as non-negotiable (and leads to a quick rejection) unless their is a hugely exceptional circumstance. And on that basis I recommend asking admissions before formally applying.

Never say never, but don’t get your hopes up.
I have emailed them and I am waiting a reply. I have done AS in Psychology and my tutor said that universities may use that instead of GCSE. Is this rue?
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have emailed them and I am waiting a reply. I have done AS in Psychology and my tutor said that universities may use that instead of GCSE. Is this rue?
It’s really up to every specific admissions department, is it possible - maybe.

You’ve asked the question, now just sit tight and see what they say.

You can always look more broadly in the interim period at other universities as well. Have a plan a,b,c…. And consider a range of unis (this is good practice even if you have the entry requirements).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (147)
40.83%
They're exactly what I expected (88)
24.44%