slc overpayment on maintenance loan?

Watch this thread
mariposaAA
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
they gave me the max maintenance loan for my 1st yr bc my dads low income and my mum lost her job during covid. since then my parents have separated but are still legally married. my mum now lives in a whole other country with her parents and doesn’t work.

i reapplied on sfe using my dads income but for my mum, it’s all blank bc she doesn’t work. my new maintenance loan is £4k bc they said my mum didn’t provide the correct details and slc sent me a letter saying ive been overpaid £5k in maintenance loans last yr.

advice?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You need to provide proof that your parents are separated and your dad is single.
If your dad gets single person council tax discount then that’s the easiest proof to scan and upload to your account.
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mariposaAA)
they gave me the max maintenance loan for my 1st yr bc my dads low income and my mum lost her job during covid. since then my parents have separated but are still legally married. my mum now lives in a whole other country with her parents and doesn’t work.

i reapplied on sfe using my dads income but for my mum, it’s all blank bc she doesn’t work. my new maintenance loan is £4k bc they said my mum didn’t provide the correct details and slc sent me a letter saying ive been overpaid £5k in maintenance loans last yr.

advice?
Hello,

Did you have a Current Year Income (CYI) assessment in the previous Academic Year?

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads