Can i still be let into Maths A-level even if i don't meet the entry requirements?

Watch this thread
TomW_06
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I thought I was going to do well on maths like maybe a 7 or 8 but I got post-covid brain fog and couldn't concentrate and had really bad time management during exams and subsequently left pages out and I don't think I did as well as I thought I would have. I'm sure I got at least a 6 but I want to do maths at A-Level because I am really interested in the subject and think I can do well in it and the entry requirement is a 7 or above for GCSE. Can I still do it even if I don't get a 7?
Erin8112
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TomW_06)
I thought I was going to do well on maths like maybe a 7 or 8 but I got post-covid brain fog and couldn't concentrate and had really bad time management during exams and subsequently left pages out and I don't think I did as well as I thought I would have. I'm sure I got at least a 6 but I want to do maths at A-Level because I am really interested in the subject and think I can do well in it and the entry requirement is a 7 or above for GCSE. Can I still do it even if I don't get a 7?
In my school you needed a 6 and preferably a 7 to do A level maths because it is so difficult. I know people that got 8’s at GCSE and came out with C’s for A-Level. My school did a test at the start of the first A Level year and if you didn’t pass it you couldn’t take maths
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TomW_06)
You will need to talk to the head of maths and explain your result if it turns out you only achieved a 6. They might let you take an assessment to decide whether to give you a second chance and take you, in which case do some revision of key topics before you go back to school.
This revision guide
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/373371...ent-guide.docx
And these practice exercises
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/587581...ion-sheets.zip
Might help
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is entirely up to your school / college.
No-one here will know the answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (30)
17.96%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (43)
25.75%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
50.9%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.39%

Watched Threads