I think I've failed my A Levels

Watch this thread
kamg03
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know I shouldn't speculate or whatnot, but seeing everyone's responses in the exam forums and on Twitter, I can't help but think I've done appallingly on my exams.
I need ABB but I highly doubt I'll achieve that.
Would it be too early to start applying for apprenticeships as a 'just in case' type of plan?
Funtimes01_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Best advise, turn the social media off.
The exams are done now and I'm sure you've done great. Come results day, I'm sure you'll be pleased.
If you don't meet the grade requirements, then it's not the end of the world. There's always clearing.
Relax and don't worry about it.
saffira
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i feel the exact same dw and need the exact same grades for uni. im looking at options for retaking just to be prepared, but otherwise like the person above said don’t look at social media anymore it’s too stressful! enjoy the time u have off the best you can. if u want to, maybe think of alternatives or create a plan if you are stressed out that you u havent gotten the grades u need (that’s all I’m doing). there is always other options, and exams don’t mean the world
kamg03
Rep:
(Original post by saffira)
i feel the exact same dw and need the exact same grades for uni. im looking at options for retaking just to be prepared, but otherwise like the person above said don’t look at social media anymore it’s too stressful! enjoy the time u have off the best you can. if u want to, maybe think of alternatives or create a plan if you are stressed out that you u havent gotten the grades u need (that’s all I’m doing). there is always other options, and exams don’t mean the world
ty for this. Yeah I've just decided like whatever happens, happens. I can always take a gap year and reapply.
kamg03
Rep:
(Original post by Funtimes01_)
Best advise, turn the social media off.
The exams are done now and I'm sure you've done great. Come results day, I'm sure you'll be pleased.
If you don't meet the grade requirements, then it's not the end of the world. There's always clearing.
Relax and don't worry about it.
you legend. ty for saying this - I just get too in my own head.
I will definitely remember that there are alternatives
Funtimes01_
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kamg03)
you legend. ty for saying this - I just get too in my own head.
I will definitely remember that there are alternatives
Your mind can be your worst enemy sometimes.
It's no problem Let me know how things go come results day.
Enjoy your summer, you deserve it
Last edited by Funtimes01_; 1 month ago
abbyewington
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kamg03)
I know I shouldn't speculate or whatnot, but seeing everyone's responses in the exam forums and on Twitter, I can't help but think I've done appallingly on my exams.
I need ABB but I highly doubt I'll achieve that.
Would it be too early to start applying for apprenticeships as a 'just in case' type of plan?
Hi, my name is Abby and I am a student ambassador at Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln. After exams your mind starts to overthink every little thing you wrote (its hard not to, I was the same). The best thing you can do is not to check any threads on Twitter and to have faith in yourself. If you are really unsure of your grades, it may be worth looking into apprenticeships or foundation degrees to put your mind at rest should you not get into your firm choice. It is also worth considering clearing - most universities (excluding Oxbridge, Durham etc) will offer clearing for most courses.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Add a message to the 'Waiting for Results Day' sticky at the top of the Forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads