Which particular days do you like and hate most at school?

Watch this thread
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like: Inter class singing competition, in years 7-9. My class back then was a force, always finishing on the podium, as we have one really good singer in all of the four parts, and I was one of them as I carried the bass part.
Christmas performance. I was one of the students taking part in 2011, 2012, 2013 (twice) and 2014 in primary school, and 2015, 2016 and 2017 in secondary school. Three of the performances in primary school were on the street, mainly in Choi Hung estate (the route was expanded to reach the newly built Kai Ching estate in 2013), singing different carols and shouting out a blessing at different checkpoints in the housing estates, and singing We wish you a merry Christmas as we move between checkpoints. I have also performed in shopping malls twice, and the other three performances are at a piazza in a housing estate. It was great delivering the message of Christmas with music as the festive season approaches.
Open day. In 2016 to 2020, I was one of the 300+ student helpers on the day, helping out with different booths each year.
Annual concert, when it was at an outside venue in 2016 and 2017. For both years, I sang in one of the choirs in the first half of the shows (the set pieces were The Cloths Of Heaven and Share My Love in 2016, and Things That Never Die and Ave Verum Corpus (Byrd) in 2017), followed by performing in one of the string orchestras in the second half (the set pieces were In Prospect and Storm in 2016, and A German Lullaby and French Dance in 2017). In 2018 it was on campus so we had to do TWO SHOWS, which was so exhausting. I was in one of the string orchestras again, before being the offstage chorus of the musical production which took up the second half of both shows.

Hate: Athletics sports day. I always come last in 400m and it’s so boring for me. The event runs for two days typically and it’s so boring for those people who have to sit on the stands for the whole second day, which make up a huge proportion of the school population. I am fortunate that I have events on both days.

How about you? What events do you like best and why?
E.B5
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Like: Days that we finish early

Hate: Days i know i have an exam on or days i have a spoken speech
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Like: last few days before Xmas break and we do quizzes instead of schoolwork
Hate: Sports Day (not had to do since Y9 tho)
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Like: i used to help out in my school library behind the desk and stuff, then at Christmasall the students inc. me who helped out and the book club members would have a huge Christmas party in the library with a mini feast. All the ‘popular kids’ would be fuming standing outside the door wondering why they couldn’t enter that lunch break hour at school :lol:

Hate:
- when the teacher couldn’t count groups and ofc I would be the last person without a group
- when the teacher picked people to read aloud and then that person reading could pick (or ‘popcorn’ as it was called) someone else.
ran-dumb
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Like:
At my sixth form you're stuck with a class for all your lessons, and each class had different exam schedules. You're allowed to go home after your exam, so for a week when the other classes had exams I snuck out early even though my class still had regular lessons

Sports day, its boring as hell but I found a part of the fence above a drawer thing that was a bit broken, so I got to jump and vault myself out and go home early. Clearly many other kids before me had the same idea

Hate:
Christmas/easter service pfff
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mufti days
Sport days suck
I love inset days too
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
Mufti days
Sport days suck
I love inset days too
What is Mufti?
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hated pretty much all school days
sumossushibar77_
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I was at school:

Loved pretty much all of Sixth Form, apart from days I had PE. Didn't like those. Also didn't like the days when we had to do vectors in A Level maths.

Hated PE days and double (sometimes triple) science period days at GCSE
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Like: last few days before Xmas break and we do quizzes instead of schoolwork
Hate: Sports Day (not had to do since Y9 tho)
We actually have two sports days. The athletics one lasts for two days and the swimming one lasts one day. It's compulsory attendance for both and compulsory participation in the athletics one.
I don't find the swimming one boring (but most of the students do, even more in the afternoon), especially in 2020, the last one before the pandemic hit, as that one was the only one I won a medal in. While most of the students were sitting on the spectator stand, I was warming up in the 25m x 33m x 1.2m training pool (We had a 50m x 25m x 1.9m pool for the races)
Last edited by 8013; 4 weeks ago
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I liked Friday because it was Friday and i could look forwards to a couple of days off I also liked Thursday because we were allowed to leave the school at lunch time for PE the teachers would check so we actually had to be doing what we said we'd be doing but it was outside of school which was the point and that was great. I' also have a little money to buy a snack afterwards I had just about enough for some chips from the burger king opposite so that was also good I also didn't mind Monday because I was recharged after the weekend I hated Wednesday because I had 3 periods of French (I hated French) then later because it wasn't close to the weekend but also wasn't near the start of the week too I actually don't like Wednesday now either although I will make an exception this week because i'm off to Spain.
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.4%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (73)
51.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads