Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to stop feeling tired? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Don't ask, demand to see another doctor.
    I think they are all the same, since this is the nicest one(rest are grumpy) who the uni nurse reccomends and who all the students go to.

The other one in past when I wanted a note as I had a chest infection and could barely speak refused and muttered under his breath about me being a "lazy student"

Shes a really friendly doc I just think its policy with docs now since even before I moved here and lived in Scotland they refused me any medication there and said the same that I needed to see a councellor first.

To be honest, you've been told by a few people how to stop feeling so tired. Get over the not liking to cook thing - diet is really important, and it will make you feel better.
    Ask to see another doctor (not neccesarily one through the uni). If you are genuinely depressed, you should be able to get something done about it quite quickly.
    The apathetic attitude you're taking isn't helping you. If you're depressed, then you won't want to be looking after yourself properly (not in an emo way; I just mean it won't be your first concern) so it's really important to be eating well, exercising and sleeping properly.
    You know what you can do till you get seen by a doctor, so now you need to do it.

ReputationRep:
    shoot yourself full of coffee and stimulants. Should work for about a week and no side effects.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MittenKrust]Still have to cook them which means making them when tired lol.
    [QUOTE]

if you can manage to cook something yourself even just once a week, and freeze portions of the rest. then you would be better off eating wise during the week cos you could just reheat things in the microwave (just like a home made ready meal).

its worth the initial hassle of cooking a meal yourself when your tired, so that you have something better to eat for a few days after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    To be honest, you've been told by a few people how to stop feeling so tired. Get over the not liking to cook thing - diet is really important, and it will make you feel better.
    Ask to see another doctor (not neccesarily one through the uni). If you are genuinely depressed, you should be able to get something done about it quite quickly.
    The apathetic attitude you're taking isn't helping you. If you're depressed, then you won't want to be looking after yourself properly (not in an emo way; I just mean it won't be your first concern) so it's really important to be eating well, exercising and sleeping properly.
    You know what you can do till you get seen by a doctor, so now you need to do it.
    im not apathetic just gone through routines of trying to sort in past and coming back round in circles, but still if I didnt want to change I wouldnt of made the effort to buy a gym membership as I actually love to exercise when im there, its hard to sleep properly when you keep waking up during the night which makes me tired in the day so I have less energy to make effort.

I actually do try but not with much enthusiasm, all I need is motivation and someone to be motivated with.

I just went down to cook anyway, nothing spectacular but found someone had taken my brand new wok, the last of my eggs and cooked and burned my new pan then tried scraping the food off damging the pan and then didnt even wash it, grrr thats why I dont like cooking in there plus I want cheap food lol, if I can find a cheap butchers id cook but its expensive where I saw.

It may sound like excuses but its just me being laid back about it.

ReputationRep:
    Have a red bull.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.