My first concert was so disappointing

Watch this thread
Jenny06
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my friend went to our first concert last night it started so well we were having an amazing time, but when greenday came on the crowd got really busy and people kept touching us. It made us both feel really gross. Is this normal at a concert?
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you mean touching you in the sense of people were dancing and kept bumping into you then yeah it's normal. People get excited and start jumping around/dancing and, since it's crowded, it's hard to avoid accidentally touching other people. Especially if you're in standing. Sorry it made you uncomfortable though. Hopefully it didn't ruin your experience too much.
Jenny06
Rep:
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
If you mean touching you in the sense of people were dancing and kept bumping into you then yeah it's normal. People get excited and start jumping around/dancing and, since it's crowded, it's hard to avoid accidentally touching other people. Especially if you're in standing. Sorry it made you uncomfortable though. Hopefully it didn't ruin your experience too much.
No I didn't mind the bumping around when everyone was dancing I expected that, but we were also getting grabbed, like basically felt up! I really didn't know what to do, so I just tried to ignore it but now I think that was stupid and I feel gross about it 😿
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Green Day do tend to attract a somewhat gropey crowd unfortunately :/
Jenny06
Rep:
Why? How do you stop it happening?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jenny06)
Why? How do you stop it happening?
imo (old semi-punk) it's a clash between the older cynical super masculine punk fan group and the younger more naive teens just getting into the poppier side of events/gigs, and the youthful lack of inhibitions and vulnerability will always be taken as an invitation by some undesirables. Any punk or metal show with a mosh or slam pit has a danger of people taking advantage of the fact you can't really do anything about a particular touch

I'm honestly a bit of a loss for advice except stand up for yourself and maybe don't hang about a venue/crowd if these things keep happening, at the least go with friends and try and stay a bit behind the more touchy/feely parts of the crowd. Reporting it credibly can be difficult because of the crowd/visibility, but don't rule it out, most security staff will relish the chance to remove a groper horizontally at speed through the back doors., and you never know who else has already made a complaint.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jenny06)
No I didn't mind the bumping around when everyone was dancing I expected that, but we were also getting grabbed, like basically felt up! I really didn't know what to do, so I just tried to ignore it but now I think that was stupid and I feel gross about it 😿
Oh no that sounds horrible. That's definitely not normal. I'm so sorry that happened to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (32)
32.32%
They're exactly what I expected (27)
27.27%