getting nails done?

Watch this thread
lara!
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i’m getting my nails done for the first time tomorow for prom
i was just wondering the difference between gel and acrylics? which is better and how long do they stay on for and how do i take them off if i want to?
physicsgal123
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I've never had gels personally but I have had acrylics many times. Acrylics are good if you want to lengthen your nails and they do last a long time(can be up to 4 weeks-ish) unless they break. They do grow out but so do gels. I know gels last a similar amount of time to acrylics, even if they grow out but I don't think you can make your nails any longer using gels, they are more like a longer-lasting and thicker nail polish.

Taking off acrylics, you can just take to polish off with nail polish remover. Sometimes the acrylics start to 'peel' off after around two weeks but if you soak them in acetone they usually come off easier. you can damage your nails doing that but they grow back ahaha. You do damage your nails slightly with acrylics (not sure about gels); mine usually just become weaker but after a few more weeks they can be back to normal

Hope that helps and have fun at prom!!
lara!
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by physicsgal123)
I've never had gels personally but I have had acrylics many times. Acrylics are good if you want to lengthen your nails and they do last a long time(can be up to 4 weeks-ish) unless they break. They do grow out but so do gels. I know gels last a similar amount of time to acrylics, even if they grow out but I don't think you can make your nails any longer using gels, they are more like a longer-lasting and thicker nail polish.

Taking off acrylics, you can just take to polish off with nail polish remover. Sometimes the acrylics start to 'peel' off after around two weeks but if you soak them in acetone they usually come off easier. you can damage your nails doing that but they grow back ahaha. You do damage your nails slightly with acrylics (not sure about gels); mine usually just become weaker but after a few more weeks they can be back to normal

Hope that helps and have fun at prom!!
thank you so much!!
ella1507
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How long are your nails? If they are fairly long, I would go for gels as they look like acrylics on longer nails but are a lot less damaging and I find that they last longer
because they don't break off. If your nails are short then I'd say acrylic, they will look better and though the damage is worse, it only lasts for a few weeks and can easily be helped with cuticle oil. In my experience, acrylics last about 3 weeks and gels about 4, but obviously depends on the person. I take them both off by soaking cotton wool in acetone and then wrapping those around my fingers with tin foil on top (the tin foil acts as insulation and speeds up the process which otherwise takes a long time with acrylics especially)
dannyharrison897
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you're looking for nails that won't peel, acrylic is a good pick. If you're looking for a manicure that can protect your nails and look natural, however, then gel nails are the way to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads