Do UCAS check GCSES?

Watch this thread
Independerella
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have my GCSEs from way back when I was at school. I'm talking 17 years ago. Thats when I left school. I have photocopies from when iv enrolled at college and stuff like that but I cant find the hard copies. Do UCAS check the systems that far back if they don't accept my my photocopies for whatever reason?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
UCAS themselves won't check your GCSEs.

However, the university which you ultimately join may we'll ask for proof of your qualifications, and it'll be up to them as to whether they accept your photocopies or not.

If not, you may need to contact the relevant exam board(s) to ask for (and pay for) replacement certificates (or a Certified Statement of Results). Details here.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Independerella UCAS will still ask you to input your GCSE results. They should accept your photocopies, but if they don't then contact the universities admissions office that you are applying to.

- Rosie
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
UCAS aren't interested in photocopies - they just want you to accurately input your full GCSE results into your online UCAS application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (18)
19.15%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (32)
34.04%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
5.32%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
2.13%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (9)
9.57%
Reading articles about what steps to take (18)
19.15%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
4.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.38%

Watched Threads