Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

doing the monopoly board pub crawl a good idea or now watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    we have all played monopoly board game. each place on the board is a place in london with a pub and there is 22 streets and 4 stations and the aim is to start off at old kent road and finsh at mayfair going to each place in order and having one drink at each pub in 1 day
    is this a good idea or not.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, until you land on "Go to Jail" and you're raped by a Londoner named Keith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the sand man)
    we have all played monopoly board game. each place on the board is a place in london with a pub and there is 22 streets and 4 stations and the aim is to start off at old kent road and finsh at mayfair going to each place in order and having one drink at each pub in 1 day
    is this a good idea or not.
    No.

(People will get bored.)

ReputationRep:
    26 drinks in a day sounds like a good idea to me.
    What time are you starting?

ReputationRep:
    Why not get sponsored to do it? Might even get some media attention.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sounds like banter.

ReputationRep:
    lots of people have done. its not new but do you think 26 drinks in a day running round london a good idea

ReputationRep:
    lots of people have done. its not new but do you think 26 drinks in a day running round london a good idea
    A good idea as in for your health (i.e. liver)? Probably not at all. Just don't do it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    This ^^ particularly the sponsored bit, perhaps a lil something for charity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Yeah, sounds like banter.
    Bant bant banter. I'd be off my face after twenty-six drinks. In fact, I'd probably feel it after one.

I think the only pub (Duke of York) in King's Cross shut down though..
    You could always go to one just outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    "Teenagers Sponsored Monopoly Binge in aid of Alcohol Concern"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Bant bant banter. I'd be off my face after twenty-six drinks. In fact, I'd probably feel it after one.

I think the only pub (Duke of York) in King's Cross shut down though..
    You could always go to one just outside.
    then just go to the nearist pub to that location

Do it for charity.

ReputationRep:
    the real reasion i put this thread up is becasue i got a book a cople of days ago called 101 things to do before you die this was on the list

ReputationRep:
    sounds cool. go for it.

my friends played pub golf (you have a certain drink in each pub and a par for how many breaths it takes you to down it)...was such a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    the real reasion i put this thread up is becasue i got a book a cople of days ago called 101 things to do before you die this was on the list
    I was just going to say I saw it in that book!

Personally, I'd love to do it, and being in aid of charity's a great idea.
    I'm not sure who'd sponsor me to drink alcohol though, when they can see it on a weekendly basis for free

ReputationRep:
    You should collect pictures of everyones vomit and post them here. Then we can play a game trying to guess what each person has eaten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumTheory)
    I was just going to say I saw it in that book!

Personally, I'd love to do it, and being in aid of charity's a great idea.
    I'm not sure who'd sponsor me to drink alcohol though, when they can see it on a weekendly basis for free
    i got the book and started looking throw it and i have not done much as i thort i have done. but this task seams fun to do

ReputationRep:
    What sort of drinks? If was 26 vodkas, i would be off my face, probably dead through alcohol poisoning. But heck, go for it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    first of all it an idea and still thinking if i should do it or not the next thing ive got to do is find mates and do it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.