Intergral sub

Watch this thread
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
struggling to show the (1+t^-2)/2 part, I've tried showing it directly and also tried showing it from the RHS but can't seem to factorise into anything usefulName:  Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 16.49.11.png
Views: 16
Size:  74.6 KBName:  IMG_8E8FF96D204C-1.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  98.9 KB
Last edited by Student 999; 1 month ago
RandomE
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student 999)
struggling to show the (1+t^-2)/2 part, I've tried showing it directly and also tried showing it from the RHS but can't seem to factorise into anything usefulName:  Screenshot 2022-06-25 at 16.49.11.png
Size:  74.6 KBName:  IMG_8E8FF96D204C-1.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  98.9 KB
I’d say let the x^2+1=t instead of the full thing, if you want me to follow that through to see if i get anywhere let me know.
Student 999
Rep:
(Original post by RandomE)
I’d say let the x^2+1=t instead of the full thing, if you want me to follow that through to see if i get anywhere let me know.
Don't think that'll work since you want the f(t) group aswell
Student 999
Rep:
Name:  IMG_C2AA40805461-1.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  118.0 KB

I've managed to show it now but would there have been a shorter way about it?
Student 999
Rep:
For the second part I could directly just do my substitution from part a and get the answer, what I did is referenced part a to save time but my explanation on how they're linked feels mathematically weak?Name:  IMG_A470F2C20473-1.jpeg
Size:  100.9 KB
RandomE
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Don’t reckon so
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For the second part I could directly just do my substitution from part a and get the answer, what I did is referenced part a to save time but my explanation on how they're linked feels mathematically weak?Name:  IMG_A470F2C20473-1.jpeg
Size:  100.9 KB
Id guess that would be the solution they're expecting. Not sure why you think its weak.
Student 999
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
Id guess that would be the solution they're expecting. Not sure why you think its weak.
I meant as in the why I can directly use f(t)= t^-3, would I not need to give some form of explanation?
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I meant as in the why I can directly use f(t)= t^-3, would I not need to give some form of explanation?
Thats the form of the function in the original integral, so youre simply applying the general result from part a) to a particular function.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (70)
67.96%
In the post (4)
3.88%
Text (14)
13.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads