Being bald has affected my dating life.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In a positive way.

I seem to be getting far more attention from women at 28 than I ever did when I still had hair (20).

The only other pluses I have are my height 1m93, blue-grey eyes and maybe my beard.

I'm grateful that I never got the bald patch... It was a rather aggressive, so I keep what remains down to 0.5mm

Anyone else have similar experiences? I thought attractiveness went down when youre bald?
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don't think attractiveness goes down if you're bald, if you're a guy.
Bald men are often associated with higher testosterone by women.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sufys)
I don't think attractiveness goes down if you're bald, if you're a guy.
Bald men are often associated with higher testosterone by women.
That's true, but I think that's dependant on other factors like low voice, height, broad shoulders, etc... Because there are some pretty feminine bald men that one assume have low testo
SagaciousSag
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If being bald suits your face shape, attractiveness will stay the same or go up. It also makes you look a bit more mature.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SagaciousSag)
If being bald suits your face shape, attractiveness will stay the same or go up. It also makes you look a bit more mature.
Ahhhh that explains why I attract so many women in their early 20s.
DarylO
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has absolutely nothing to do with testosterone. We are not lower class animals sniffing out hormone levels 😂. We're not going to look at a bald head and think 'hmm, more testosterone, prime breeding mate'. I just think baldness suits your face structure and features if you're getting more attention now. Some people look better with short hair, some with long hair and some bald. Looking at people like Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel, their physiques aside, I've seen pictures of them when they had hair. Their faces didn't look half as good as they do now. Just as some looked a whole lot better with hair. You were dealt a good hand.
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Different people will often have very different dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.

Many people are most attracted to a specific physical type or look in terms of face and body appearance.
For many women this sometimes this involves hairstyle or facial hair and may be a dealbreaker.
Can include elements like: bald, beard, stubble, long hair, moustache, unibrow.
I've noticed that quite a few women are most/exclusively attracted to muscular gym type guys who are bald with facial hair and into weight lifting.
I'm not but plenty of my friends are.
Crazed cat lady
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bald men can certainly be attractive.

Being insecure about your hair loss or trying to conceal it is certainly not.
bendan88
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Crazed cat lady)
Bald men can certainly be attractive.

Being insecure about your hair loss or trying to conceal it is certainly not.
I'm a bald man and from my experience this is very true. It's the insecurity women find unattractive. If you ever start arranging your hair to try to conceal baldness, it's time to shave the lot off.
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the train union strike guy has no hair at all and is very popular with the ladies.
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Captain Picard is extremely popular with the ladies (including me).
Crazed cat lady
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bendan88)
I'm a bald man and from my experience this is very true. It's the insecurity women find unattractive. If you ever start arranging your hair to try to conceal baldness, it's time to shave the lot off.
Yep. It is best for a man to own his baldness and invest in a pair of clippers rather than attempt some ridiculous comb over.
Last edited by Crazed cat lady; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
67.65%
In the post (4)
3.92%
Text (14)
13.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.71%

Watched Threads