Need a loan what is my best option

Watch this thread
kurt0411
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, it's been a roughy couple of weeks/2 months for me. I had severe mental health problems was in and out of hospitals and medication. After a couple of weeks I'm finally better however after first year uni finished I wasn't able to carry on working due to my illness.

I had to borrow loads of money off friends and family and did my best to pay my bills. I've just noticed I've got up to £100 bills left to pay by next week and owe friends and family money urgently. I honestly have no idea how to raise these funds. I don't have a student overdraft (I keep getting rejected over and over again) and can't borrow money from family again.

I know most people advise against it but I need to take a short term loan I guess. I will have money in a few months so paying it off won't be an issue so is it possible if anyone could recommend me a way of obtaining this as I have no idea how to do it as I've never done it before and what is the best place to get one

Thanks!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Make sure to seek financial advice.
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kurt0411)
Hi, it's been a roughy couple of weeks/2 months for me. I had severe mental health problems was in and out of hospitals and medication. After a couple of weeks I'm finally better however after first year uni finished I wasn't able to carry on working due to my illness.

I had to borrow loads of money off friends and family and did my best to pay my bills. I've just noticed I've got up to £100 bills left to pay by next week and owe friends and family money urgently. I honestly have no idea how to raise these funds. I don't have a student overdraft (I keep getting rejected over and over again) and can't borrow money from family again.

I know most people advise against it but I need to take a short term loan I guess. I will have money in a few months so paying it off won't be an issue so is it possible if anyone could recommend me a way of obtaining this as I have no idea how to do it as I've never done it before and what is the best place to get one
Your university is likely to have a hardship fund which you can apply to. Try a web search for "<university name> hardship fund", or check with your university's student services/welfare service, etc. Also, talk to your student union.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads