How will this be marked?

Watch this thread
sickofthis
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In an exam I spent about half of my third paragraph speaking about contextual knowledge outside of the set time period of the question. How much will this affected the mark I get for the essay? To put it into context the things I was mentioning wasn’t too far away from the question (a few years or so), I feel quite confident the rest of the essay was well written (I hadn’t made the mistake elsewhere), I had written quite a lot (5-6 pages) and I managed to conclude. I get that it would get anywhere near top marks for this reason but how bad would it be for this essay as a whole? Any advice would be much appreciated.
languagestudent0
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sickofthis)
In an exam I spent about half of my third paragraph speaking about contextual knowledge outside of the set time period of the question. How much will this affected the mark I get for the essay? To put it into context the things I was mentioning wasn’t too far away from the question (a few years or so), I feel quite confident the rest of the essay was well written (I hadn’t made the mistake elsewhere), I had written quite a lot (5-6 pages) and I managed to conclude. I get that it would get anywhere near top marks for this reason but how bad would it be for this essay as a whole? Any advice would be much appreciated.
for which subject? was it GCSE or A-level? I'm sure it will be okay as long as it supports the points you made, made sense, and the info is correct
Last edited by languagestudent0; 1 month ago
sickofthis
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by languagestudent0)
for which subject? was it GCSE or A-level? I'm sure it will be okay as long as it supports the points you made, made sense, and the info is correct
History, A level , I mean the rest of the answer is good and completed to say the least. I just messed up that bit and was worried how much it would affect the overall mark for that essay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (24)
18.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
23.66%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (71)
54.2%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.82%

Watched Threads