The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan I never applied for

Whilst looking through my finances on student finance, I discovered that one of my years (my first) it said I had applied for a maintenance loan - I never did, but it made payments. In addition, the account used is now dormant as the bank messed things up and I had to create a new one. Therefore the money has never been touched as I wasn’t aware. Is there a way I could just give the money back? I never wanted a maintenance loan as I didn’t need one. They have my old bank details so surely they could just take it out. I have emailed but just looking for some extra help. Thank you
Original post by BBC07092000
Whilst looking through my finances on student finance, I discovered that one of my years (my first) it said I had applied for a maintenance loan - I never did, but it made payments. In addition, the account used is now dormant as the bank messed things up and I had to create a new one. Therefore the money has never been touched as I wasn’t aware. Is there a way I could just give the money back? I never wanted a maintenance loan as I didn’t need one. They have my old bank details so surely they could just take it out. I have emailed but just looking for some extra help. Thank you

@SFE Karen might be able to help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending