Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At the start of september i began a BTEC National Diploma in sport and I have come to realise I made a wrong decision in chosing this course. I found the subjects were not that good and realised my career options would be very limited. It is now November and it looks like I'll shall be returning to do A levels (If a school accepts me), but it looks like I'll have loads of work to catch up on and it is nearly christmas holidays already. I managed to achieve an A in my GCSE history and 2 As in English, so i'm thinking about taking them, hopfully studying journalism at university. I don't know if i'm making the correct decision changing over from BTEC to A levels... Is it too late? Impossible? Would I have to wait till next September and start in Lower sixth? :confused: Help please!!

Cam

ReputationRep:
    If I was you, I'd carry on your BTec for a year, or, if you really really hate it, drop out and work for the next half a year, and put it into an ISA for uni.
    Then reapply next year (being a third year really isn't bad, and it's better to get higher grades a year later, it's what I'm doing!)
    You'll have missed so much work, I'd not advise putting that much pressure on yourself.
    You also get three years of free education/EMA, so make the most of it!
    Best of luck in all you do, Jess x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jess, that's been a lot of help cheers! x =)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.