Is Newcastle University a good university?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is Newcastle University still a good university in 2022?
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i mean depends what you mean by good? it is a russel group so i assume people would see it as a good uni but you have to think about how they teach the course your doing and if its right for you.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is Newcastle University still a good university in 2022?
Good for what?
What is your definition of a good university?
Anonymous #1
Job prospect. Prestige. Working at big companies like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, EY, BCG, Bank of England or Accenture etc...

(Original post by gdunne42)
Good for what?
What is your definition of a good university?
sickofthis
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Have you checked the newest university rankings? That might help to see if Newcastle is the uni for you!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sickofthis)
Have you checked the newest university rankings? That might help to see if Newcastle is the uni for you!
Yeah, I did. In previous years it used to be about 22-26, but in the last two years it is down to 36/37. Just wondering why.
D_Rkman
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I guess it depends on what course you're doing and what professional accreditation it has. In terms of relevant rankings for myself Newcastle has went up 10 places in terms of research (122nd in the QS World Ranking 2023).
turbobaithead
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, I did. In previous years it used to be about 22-26, but in the last two years it is down to 36/37. Just wondering why.
buddy, KCL for multiple years in multiple domestic league tables was in the 40s - 50s. Same for QM. These schools enjoy a much better international repute and often suffer domestically because, inter alia, of Student Satisfaction.

Prestige is reserved for Golden Triangle Unis. Newcastle is still in the Very Good of Unis. The name of your institution does not guarantee you anything. Oxbridge grads aren't guaranteed Goldman Sachs grad positions. Your prospects will be based solely on the merits of your character.
Last edited by turbobaithead; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads