a level prep

Watch this thread
mmm100
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey i just finished my gcses

is there anything I need to do in order to prep for a levels because I don't want to get behind when I start yr12

I'm taking english lit, maths, fm mechanics and physics

thanks
happydayys
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You really don’t need to be doing anything, just chill and enjoy your summer!

If you really wanna do something, CGP do “introduction to A level” guides for quite a few subjects. You could always get one of those if your interested. the stuffs not necessary but i had the physics one and it probably helped a bit by just making me feel more familiar and confident with the content before i started A levels.
hyacinth77
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

First of all, a massive congrats on completing your GCSE's! I really hope you'll get the grades you want.

In terms of preparation, I actually did none of the subjects you've listed here, but I would recommend taking at least a week or two completely off to relax and do all the things you wanted to do during your time studying

After taking a nice break I'm sure you'll feel much more refreshed to do some academic work. If your sixth form has assigned you work to complete over the summer, I'd say start as soon as you feel ready and gradually build up the work as the summer holidays go on. Please try not to procrastinate because it's the worst feeling when you only have a week of summer left and you're stuck with so many things to do for September.

If you want you can also start looking at the specification you'll be studying for each of your subjects so you can mentally prepare for what you're going to be studying for your A Levels. And also purchase the textbooks;

Best of luck with everything
meemmeememme
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mmm100)

is there anything I need to do in order to prep for a levels because I don't want to get behind when I start yr12

thanks
Trust me don’t do nothing. You won’t have a break like this for a while enjoy it!
Spelunker
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i would recommend you just completely relax! maybe during the last week do some reading into your course if you really want to but remember this will be your last "real holiday" for 2 years! the rest will be filled with revision especially the summer between y12 and 13. enjoy yourself!
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Buy the books for English Lit if your school has told you which ones, and do the summer work your school gives you as this gives you the best chance when term starts.

Make time to relax as well, that's the most important part
risette
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

thanks
English lit is definitely the odd one out there, I'm assuming you might be dropping it subject when you start?
Remember there is no real benefit to doing 4 A-levels anymore
mmm100
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by risette)
English lit is definitely the odd one out there, I'm assuming you might be dropping it subject when you start?
Remember there is no real benefit to doing 4 A-levels anymore
yeah i'm doing these because i'm not sure whether I want to take law or physics at uni so I need to take them to keep my options open
StudyMind
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

thanks
Heya! Well done for finishing your GCSE!! First and foremost make sure to have a good summer break as you have deserved it after all the hard work
I would recommend just making sure you know which revision method suits you the best and go over new material and perhaps make some notes! The reason I say make sure you know which revision method suits you the best is because a-levels will be harder and perhaps previous revision method you used in your GCSE will not work as good as before (happened to me!). A lot of people have to review their revision method and adjust it to a-levels. It's a good idea to discover by googling which method would suit you (or a mix!), here is a link that goes over few methods!

For note making I would recommend checking out Study Mind where you can find lots of free blogs and articles to help you with your revision Have a look at the revision notes and perhaps start making your own notes as well!

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69.7%
In the post (3)
3.03%
Text (13)
13.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14.14%

Watched Threads