Always get cough in lead up to exams

Watch this thread
Idk131
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I always get cough in lead up to exams, when revising and I don't think it is coincidence? Anyone know why this happens? I generally revise for a lot longer than normal (5-8 hours per day), could that contribute to it? Any tips?
Idk131
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
My room is dusty even with windows open (London- you guessed it), but I only get a cough before/during exams and I wonder if it is due to stress + more work (I get enough sleep: at the very least 6/7 hours)
Cloudster
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe it’s a psychological thing.
hyacinth77
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I usually get a lot more headaches in the lead up to exams, so maybe it is psychological?
Idk131
Rep:
(Original post by Cloudster)
Maybe it’s a psychological thing.
Hmm I didn't actually consider that- I do psychology as well lol
Idk131
Rep:
I think I have mild hay fever as well as I had all the symptoms. I think it is just stress + anxiety combined that gives me a cough. It is a dry (maybe chesty?) cough as well
hyacinth77
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Idk131)
I think I have mild hay fever as well as I had all the symptoms. I think it is just stress + anxiety combined that gives me a cough. It is a dry (maybe chesty?) cough as well
I do hope you feel better soon
Funnily enough it could also be a dust allergy alongside with the hayfever symptoms. I'd suggest giving your room a nice clean and opening the windows a bit for a nice breeze to come through.

Cetrizine also tends to help, but it can make you feel quite drowsy.
Hope this helps
Idk131
Rep:
(Original post by hyacinth77)
I do hope you feel better soon
Funnily enough it could also be a dust allergy alongside with the hayfever symptoms. I'd suggest giving your room a nice clean and opening the windows a bit for a nice breeze to come through.

Cetrizine also tends to help, but it can make you feel quite drowsy.
Hope this helps
That makes a lot of sense since I feel like there is a lot of dust in my room, even with windows open. I need to get curtains installed since that helps. I don't think I will take the drug cos I don't want to be drowsy! I am trying herbal tea instead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (26)
31.71%
They're exactly what I expected (23)
28.05%