Give up on driving lessons?

Watch this thread
nightwolf1490
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been learning to drive for a year, lessons once a week, and tbh I can't see myself passing anytime soon, I still make so many mistakes. I have bad anxiety and panic quite frequently, so it's taking far longer to learn. I absolutely hate driving too, never liked it, and have no interest in cars. People keep asking me when I'm going to take my test, what car I want etc. I just answer "Not sure" each time and dread anyone asking me about it again.

What do I do? Any advice?
Cloudster
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nightwolf1490)
I've been learning to drive for a year, lessons once a week, and tbh I can't see myself passing anytime soon, I still make so many mistakes. I have bad anxiety and panic quite frequently, so it's taking far longer to learn. I absolutely hate driving too, never liked it, and have no interest in cars. People keep asking me when I'm going to take my test, what car I want etc. I just answer "Not sure" each time and dread anyone asking me about it again.

Can you get a family member to help you by allowing you to drive in their presence. If you don’t like driving then you can quit, ask your instructor on how you are doing and what your progress is.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Try an automatic, you might find it easier.
RoadtoSuccess
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Don't give up I actually was in a similiar position to you for over a year I was taking lessons and have break periods due to my Instructors being terrible and the majority scamming me for my hours (paid for 2 hours received 30 mins sometimes) therefore once I did my Theory and passed I booked my Driving test immediately I managed to find this very good instructor and with only 5 lessons ( good clear lessons ) I managed to Pass and now can drive happily I wouldn't say I am that confident yet to drive long distances but the point is I passed and so can you!
Leslie Knope
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago

What made you start taking lessons? Considering that you don't like driving.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Tell me some more. Perhaps you need to hire a new instructor. Perhaps therapy can help.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Hey,

I am currently learning to drive too! I get really nervous when driving but I have found a better instructor (this is my 3rd!) and am enjoying it much more. Have you looked into possibly finding someone else? Maybe see if you get any recommendations from any friends who can drive?

If you aren’t enjoying it, maybe take a little break and see if you want to again in the future. There is no pressure to pass, especially with how good public transport is getting now.

I hope this helps,
Sara
MeilieneX
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I feel like giving up on it, I had an awful examiner today who was actually so horrible to me that I had a panic attack. I want to drive but I feel like I can't go through that again. It's annoying because it would be money wasted.
Bubsychicken
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was like this honestly the best thing I ever did was change to an automatic! I needed to be able to drive for my job so I had even more pressure, it was less things to think about and got me passed which was the main thing. It was years ago and at the time people said it will be harder only having auto licence but no its been absolutely fine everyone has them now days. Auto instructors are usually a lot kinder too as they understand that you're really struggling. My instructor said the cleverest people seem to struggle the most so take that as a compliment 😜 so don't give just go AUTO! X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
68.32%
In the post (4)
3.96%
Text (14)
13.86%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
13.86%

Watched Threads