pot washing

Watch this thread
tlouisec19
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is it always a one person job? i had a trial shift, i walked in and no one was minding the washing so i stuck myself in to it, and there were plates and trays on table and floor, i was so overwhelmed, eventually some girls came and helped me thankfully, i think they were new, and it got a lot faster, and i also had never worked or anything till then and didn't no how to use a dish washer either, my friend told me it its usually a one person job but there's no way one person could get through that, cant even count how many times i burnt myself and covered myself in tea, why couldn't anyone finish a pot of tea?! i was soaked by the end of it, and had bruises on my legs (well just 1, not the point) and fingers! and i broke a cup and plate.
but to be honest it was nice when my shift was over and the staff were lovely though.
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Where I work it ranges from 1 to 3 but the place does hold like 200 guests and serve 3 courses so it'll be based off of how many dishes there are and how quickly they need to be done
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tlouisec19)
is it always a one person job? i had a trial shift, i walked in and no one was minding the washing so i stuck myself in to it, and there were plates and trays on table and floor, i was so overwhelmed, eventually some girls came and helped me thankfully, i think they were new, and it got a lot faster, and i also had never worked or anything till then and didn't no how to use a dish washer either, my friend told me it its usually a one person job but there's no way one person could get through that, cant even count how many times i burnt myself and covered myself in tea, why couldn't anyone finish a pot of tea?! i was soaked by the end of it, and had bruises on my legs (well just 1, not the point) and fingers! and i broke a cup and plate.
but to be honest it was nice when my shift was over and the staff were lovely though.
When I used to do pot wash there were usually two of us on weekends, and on quieter shifts and lunch hours only one person. When it got really busy like during town festivals or Mothers Day (oh boy) one of the commis chefs /head chef would come to help if it was right at the and of closing and everything got crazy
You do get used to it though once you learn where everything like the kitchen equipment goes it’ll be faster. Eventually you’ll get a rhythm going
If you make sure you have only load in the dishwasher, and your putting a load away at the same time it’ll make the process a bit easier.
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Where I work it ranges from 1 to 3 but the place does hold like 200 guests and serve 3 courses so it'll be based off of how many dishes there are and how quickly they need to be done
Ayoooo since when did you become a helper :OOO
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Slx.24)
Ayoooo since when did you become a helper :OOO
Like 4 days ago :rofl:
Slx.24
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
Like 4 days ago :rofl:
Fair play 👀 congrats ma frog hehe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
29.79%
Take a gap year (12)
25.53%
Resit my exams (8)
17.02%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
12.77%
I don't know yet (4)
8.51%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads