shermyyin
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you for the help !
thread closed
Last edited by shermyyin; 1 month ago
valwashere
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
First of all, I recommend doing a MOOC or edx course about law or architecture to get a sense of which one you like more, they're really insightful. For econ, it was the A level the most people dropped because it was nothing like what they were expecting (though I didn't take it). I think you should take physics because a lot of the mechanics overlaps with the mechanics you get in maths too. I'm a STEM student though, so I can't give you much advice for the humanities side of things
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That sounds like too much work, I highly suggest either dropping fm or history. They're like on the opposite sides of the a level spectrum
coolchem
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do a few subjects and do them properly. It may be that you try to do everything and fail to do anything- I nearly made a similar mistake, so I don't want you to repeat it. A-levels are tough and I think you might be underestimating them.....
Last edited by coolchem; 1 month ago
risette
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Some schools/colleges allow you to start with 4 subjects, then drop one during the year when you decide which isn't something you want to do. Try to do some searches for the careers you are interested in, and see the common A-levels taken by those in that field. The UCAS website if I recall correctly has some information about this, just play around on there to see what you find out.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Read - How to Choose your 6th Form subejcts - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-l...-your-subjects
blodaupaent
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shermyyin)
art (not too keen on this i would only take it if i am sure i would go for architecture but still worried about job opportunities T^T)
I wouldn't recommend doing art unless you are passionate about art/architecture as something separate to job opportunities. Art A level very time consuming and wont be enjoyable if you are only in it to get a degree later on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
32.79%
They're what I expected (19)
31.15%
They're worse than what I expected (22)
36.07%

Watched Threads