keeping your room cool

Watch this thread
ArizonaRobbins
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone have any ideas to keep your room cool without opening windows or doors,putting a fan on or shutting the curtains

(this question probably sounds stupid since there's probably nothing else you can do but people are very imaginative on here so i thought i'd give it a go and ask)
aspalax
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
turn off any electrical appliances when not in use/try to use them minimally. take measures to keep yourself cool (wear light, light coloured clothing, diy an ice pack with frozen peas etc.), remove the duvet and any blankets etc, keep metal/shiny/dark coloured surfaces out of direct sunlight if possible so they don't absorb so much heat.

thats about as much as i can think of, hope you cool down!
WillowGW
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Basically all my ideas are the same as aspalax’s but I just had to say something because you obvs like greys anatomy from your username so basically i just has to say hi 👋🏼
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Have an iceberg towed down and placed in the corner of your room
DanLR
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you have a loft hatch or similar, leave it open. Hot air rises. Also if you're not planning on opening windows, keep the curtains/ blinds shut too.
24h.Johnny
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I did something like this in my bedroom before, not an iceber, just some ice cude in a bucket. It worked but not effective in hot summer.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
To keep your self cool put a towel in the freezer and use that around your shoulders should keep you cool.
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
(Original post by aspalax)
turn off any electrical appliances when not in use/try to use them minimally. take measures to keep yourself cool (wear light, light coloured clothing, diy an ice pack with frozen peas etc.), remove the duvet and any blankets etc, keep metal/shiny/dark coloured surfaces out of direct sunlight if possible so they don't absorb so much heat.

thats about as much as i can think of, hope you cool down!
wait that's so smart haha
thank you!!
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
(Original post by WillowGW)
Basically all my ideas are the same as aspalax’s but I just had to say something because you obvs like greys anatomy from your username so basically i just has to say hi 👋🏼
omg hiiii
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
i tried it yesterday and right now i'm swimming in a pool of water. my computer's literally fizzing because of you
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ArizonaRobbins)
i tried it yesterday and right now i'm swimming in a pool of water. my computer's literally fizzing because of you
cool
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
(Original post by DanLR)
If you have a loft hatch or similar, leave it open. Hot air rises. Also if you're not planning on opening windows, keep the curtains/ blinds shut too.
yeah i wish i had a loft hatch but i don't lmao
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
To keep your self cool put a towel in the freezer and use that around your shoulders should keep you cool.
dude i did not think of that thanks haha
ArizonaRobbins
Rep:
cool
you're not even going to apologise?
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ArizonaRobbins)
you're not even going to apologise?
...no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads