URGENT as maths help needed

Watch this thread
_martha
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know how to answer this?

Show that 1/cosθ + tanθ = cosθ/1-sinθ

I have got as far as changing tanθ into sinθ/cosθ but not sure what to do from here.
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you've changed tan(theta) into sin/cos then you should see that the left hand side can be added together due to the common denominator.

Now you need to figure out how to change it into the correct form,
if you notice the cos on the bottom moves to the top, which to me would suggest you can make the top have a cos^2 in it. you could use the fact that cos^2+sin^2=1 and multiply both top and bottom by the same thing to get the cos^2 you want.
Natsudragon
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _martha)
Does anyone know how to answer this?

Show that 1/cosθ + tanθ = cosθ/1-sinθ

I have got as far as changing tanθ into sinθ/cosθ but not sure what to do from here.
ok so it is 1+sinΘ/cos Θ on the left.. multiply numerator and denominator with 1-sinΘ .. ull get cos2Θ/cos Θ(1-sinΘ) ... common factors remove .. then ull get the right hand side yea
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Natsudragon)
ok so it is 1+sinΘ/cos Θ on the left.. multiply numerator and denominator with 1-sinΘ .. ull get cos2Θ/cos Θ(1-sinΘ) ... common factors remove .. then ull get the right hand side yea
It's best to give the op hints and let them figure it out rather than telling them how to do it from the get go.
Natsudragon
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Skiwi)
It's best to give the op hints and let them figure it out rather than telling them how to do it from the get go.
ohhh yeaaa .. ill do that next time .. thnx
_martha
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Natsudragon)
thank youuu
Natsudragon
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Heheee
(Original post by _martha)
thank youuu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads