heytherecoco
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have conditional offers for sixth forms and I’m pretty sure all my grades will meet the grade requirements except one. My sixth form requires all 5’s and above and I don’t think I will get a 5 in this subject because i simply never have. What shall I do?Should K be worried?
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heytherecoco)
I have conditional offers for sixth forms and I’m pretty sure all my grades will meet the grade requirements except one. My sixth form requires all 5’s and above and I don’t think I will get a 5 in this subject because i simply never have. What shall I do?Should K be worried?
what subject? Are you planning on doing it at a-level?

Obviously i don't work at your school so i can't say what they will do, but i would assume they would have some element of leniency for current students
Mintkoala
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heytherecoco)
Surely they can’t expect a 5 in every single subject from everyone, even if some subjects are in no way related to what you’d be doing in sixth form?

Even if they say they do, it’s most likely just a scare tactic to try to get people to revise more. At the end of the day if you’ve met the specific subject entry requirements, it’s in the sixth form’s interests to let you go there, because they get money from the government for each individual student they have.

I remember my school/sixth form threatened to mention detentions from Year 11 in our uni application references, very conveniently a few weeks before we went on study leave for GCSEs. Of course they never mentioned any of the detentions in our references, it was an empty threat to try to get us to behave.
Last edited by Mintkoala; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (29)
31.87%
They're exactly what I expected (25)