is year 2 maths actually that bad?

Watch this thread
Idk131
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
All the teachers say that A level maths in year 13 is super hard (edexcel), how can I prepare for it and is it really that difficult? Lots of year 13s are saying to drop A level maths but I obviously can't do that
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Prepare for it by practising the stuff you've done so far, and just make sure you do as many questions as possible from the book.

There are more advanced topics covered in trigonometry and integration particularly, but they are all conquerable with sustained practise. Avoid assuming you've mastered a topic, and avoid copying out worked solutions when you're stuck on a problem.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Idk131)
All the teachers say that A level maths in year 13 is super hard (edexcel), how can I prepare for it and is it really that difficult? Lots of year 13s are saying to drop A level maths but I obviously can't do that
It is a natural progression from Year 12 maths, just as year 12 moved on from GCSE. It is significantly harder than Y12 but not super hard. Do more of the text book practice questions than your teachers demand from you, especially for the topics you find hardest. If you are using the Edexcel text books do every mixed exercise question and review exercise question. If you struggle with a topic, sort it out, don't leave it to sort out when you start exam revision.
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads