sfe funding after 3 years of a medical degree

Watch this thread
blueskiess
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have completed 3 years of a medical degree (resat 2nd year) and have now been dismissed. Is there any way to get funding to complete a bachelors degree or would I need to self-fund? I have had quite severe extenuating circumstances for the last 2 years if that helps.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
With 3 years previous study you might be best looking at a part time degree. Part time study on a campus based course will still get a maintenance loan but the previous study rules are more flexible. Alternatively distance learning with the OU has good credit transfer options that would allow you to take advantage of the modules you have completed already and then “top up” to a full degree. OU degrees fall under part time funding (but without a maintenance loan option).

If you want to study full time then you’ll need evidence of compelling personal reasons to disregard some of your previous years (or have funds to pay tuition fees for the first and possibly second year of a new degree) unless you opt for an exempt health professional degree.
Lynsey SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blueskiess)
Hi,

I have completed 3 years of a medical degree (resat 2nd year) and have now been dismissed. Is there any way to get funding to complete a bachelors degree or would I need to self-fund? I have had quite severe extenuating circumstances for the last 2 years if that helps.
Hello,

In order to confirm your eligibility, please confirm:
1. Which university and course you are looking to commence your studies with
2. How old are you
3. Your current status and residency within the UK
4. Any other previous study and qualifications you may hold

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (70)
67.96%
In the post (4)
3.88%
Text (14)
13.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads