Is the cgp headstart to alevel or actual revsising uide better?

Watch this thread
A233m
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to buy some books to do over this summer for alevel but ideally spend least money. What would be better as I want to get most out of as if I buy the full revision I could go over in summer and use for actual revision but more expensive. Btw I'm doing maths, physics,chem
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A233m)
I want to buy some books to do over this summer for alevel but ideally spend least money. What would be better as I want to get most out of as if I buy the full revision I could go over in summer and use for actual revision but more expensive. Btw I'm doing maths, physics,chem
This free stuff from OCR should do the job for maths, equally applicable to all examiners.
https://www.ocr.org.uk/blog/transiti...-alevel-maths/

And these videos from Pearson might be interesting
https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators...to-alevel.html
Last edited by gdunne42; 1 month ago
risette
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No need to spend any money on preparing for your Y12. 'CGP head start' we were given a scanned copy of for the Biology course, some useful concepts in there but mostly felt like a recap of key biological concepts at a GCSE level, with only some A-level content introduced.

The best way to prepare is to be secure in your understanding of the GCSE content, and to use any interesting (Free) online resources you can find. Look up your specification and check out the topics you will be learning, then search online - looking at your subjects, Khan Academy will be your go-to. Just be sure to not fall down a 'rabbit hole' and get too confused in it, or learn something that is not required for your course

It is best for you to check in with your teachers before committing to buy any resources, as sometimes your school/college will have free subscriptions (through kerboodle or activelearn) for those same resources. Also, you will be able to use the library at your school to get a preview of the texts and see if it is anything that you actually need.

Make sure to enjoy your summer break too!
A233m
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
k thanks a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
41.48%