Turn on thread page Beta

Transferring and applying through UCAS watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, just a quick question as my personal tutor is useless and refuses to see me. I want to transfer uni's next september but stick with the same course so I'm currently registering with UCAS, however, i'm not sure whether I should apply as an "individual" or not? Does anyone who maybe did this last year or is doing the same thing now know? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Transfers normally start by contacting the University of interest, don't they? Rather than going through UCAS, unless you wanted to start again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juustuburger)
    Transfers normally start by contacting the University of interest, don't they? Rather than going through UCAS, unless you wanted to start again.
    Yeah, I've already contacted the university I want to transfer to and they said I should have no problems but I do need to apply officially through UCAS and make sure I change the "point of entry" to the second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
    You intend to transfer into their second year of study?

If so, i'm sure you don't use UCAS.
    Yep. And yes I definitely need to apply again via ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie18)
    Yep. And yes I definitely need to apply again via ucas.
    I still demand that we see you two, regardless of where you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katkit)
    I still demand that we see you two, regardless of where you are
    You'll get no arguements from me!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, just a quick question as my personal tutor is useless and refuses to see me. I want to transfer uni's next september but stick with the same course so I'm currently registering with UCAS, however, i'm not sure whether I should apply as an "individual" or not? Does anyone who maybe did this last year or is doing the same thing now know? Thanks.
    you don't have to do it through UCAS, just phone them?
    not sure though as i am stuck with the same situation, still trying to phone the unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverwolfalpha)
    you don't have to do it through UCAS, just phone them?
    not sure though as i am stuck with the same situation, still trying to phone the unis
    I've already said that I have phoned the university and I was told by them that I need to apply through UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I've already said that I have phoned the university and I was told by them that I need to apply through UCAS.
    soz didn't read, oh damn then i gotta do it as well. ok

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.