Diagnostic radiography: degree vs degree apprenticeship

Watch this thread
godaa6
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I have a choice between doing a degree apprenticeship or an actual degree and I can't pick one. I'm worried that a degree apprenticeship will somehow put me at a disadvantage. What are your thoughts on it? Which one should I do?
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by godaa6)
Hello,

I have a choice between doing a degree apprenticeship or an actual degree and I can't pick one. I'm worried that a degree apprenticeship will somehow put me at a disadvantage. What are your thoughts on it? Which one should I do?
It won't put you at a disadvantage in terms of qualifications - they are the same whichever route you take. The big advantage is that with the apprenticeship you will be earning as you learn.
HellomynameisNev
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also, assuming it operates the same as it in my department, as an apprentice you're not a student, you're an employee of the trust. Meaning that when you finish the course, as long as you meet their requirements you automatically have a job as a radiographer.

You will have to stay employed with that trust for a certain number of years after you qualify though, which is pretty standard for most apprenticeships anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads