feeling meh

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
anyone else feeling a bit, down? not even necessarily in a depressed way, a little sad sure, but just kinda, meh, kinda pensive too.

it's definitely hit me since a-levels finished, left me with a bit of a hole in my life I've been so consumed by them for months and months, and then they're just over overnight. I'm probably not going to uni in September either. so it's just kinda put me in this space where I'm feeling a little, idk lost? for lack of a better word.

like at this moment in time, and for the foreseeable future, I'm just kind of here. I'm not really doing anything, working 20 hours a week, seeing my friends like once or twice a week. I don't seem to have any hobbies anymore, idk where they went lol. I don't have nearly as many friends as I used to. I don't really know what I am or what I'm doing.

again I'm not even sad, I don't really know how to describe what I'm feeling. it's not really sadness. I've just been sat in my garden for 30 mins listening to jazz and lofi music and thinking.

I don't know, I'm not the most articulate, just felt like a little of a vent post.
Oak2010b
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I hope you feel better!
hyacinth77
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think this is something that not only you're experiencing but also myself and probably many others. I feel like after you've finally been able to complete something as long and enduring as GCSE's or A Levels you expect yourself to be in this sort of elevated state. Yet once all the stress and exams have supposedly vanished, you're left with nothing. Stuck in this state of limbo where everyone sort of expects you to just move onto the next stage of life almost effortlessly. I just wish more people were willing to express this sense of feeling almost lost, I guess?

I'd say wait it out and try to understand why you feel the way you do. Continue having your musings in the garden, and maybe write them out on a piece of paper. I did that once, and then ripped the piece of paper up and it felt quite cathartic.

Hopefully this helps
Nobody7
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I relate to this a lot, I am feeling the same way right now. A Levels are over, school is finished, and now we're being 'released' into the real world. Everyone else is seems to be happy and off enjoying their holidays and then you got me who is just lost, like I don't know what to do with myself now. I don't know what I can say to make it better but just know that other people feel the same, and you can message if you want to vent even more.
Last edited by Nobody7; 1 month ago
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
One thing that worked for me was perspective
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads