Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's the average number of friends on facebook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    and who many do you have? Also, is it right that people who chose not to add any old random who asks is viewed with social suspicion? And how many of your facebook ''friends'' are true mates in real life?

i'm urged to ask as i have observed that the majority of my friends with 300+ are often the ones who in everyday non internet life are not that popular. WHereas the most popular people i know in real life tend to have below what i'd say was the average number of friends. I personally link this with insecurities and reckon that the more secure and content a person is with the quality of their social circle the less willing/likely/inclined they will be to add total strangers to their friend list

ReputationRep:
    I have 0 'friends' . Don't use facebook.

ReputationRep:
    i have 14 ~ all of which i know. i wouldn't just add anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about 120, I know them all whilst I probably see around 30 regulary

ReputationRep:
    I have 193.

I don't add strangers.. what d'you mean by 'people who coose not to add randoms are viewed with social suspicion?'

ReputationRep:
    Average number of friends on facebook is directly proportional to the length of your online penis.

ReputationRep:
    315. I don't speak to 3/4 of them, a couple are randomers that added me; I'm not popular at all, I just like to use the internet to look popular. And I don't bother lying about it.

ReputationRep:
    i have 207
    i know them all, and probably see about 50/60 regually
    id never add a random stranger its just pointless!

ReputationRep:
    i used to have about 350-400 i think, but did a lot of purging so now its down to about 250 i actually know as opposed to people i met once!

ReputationRep:
    120. ~40 old school friends, ~10 family members ~20 randomers who I do actually know and the rest are uni mates. I know everyone on my friends list, and make an effort to communicate with most of them on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    I have 113, spread fairly evenly between high school buddies I had lost touch with until recently and friends/classmates from college and uni.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get people that add you then never bother to speak to you. It's pathetic. Even when you then try speaking to them. They just do it to boost number of "friends".

ReputationRep:
    oh wow ima sound like a paedophile or sth (who woulda thought, a 17yr old girl... its a first ) but i have 1031 friends on facebook....
    hey, i went to a biiiiig school and i've moved around a lot
    but i dont add people i dont talk to - fr****** random

ReputationRep:
    346 - I know most of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rottcodd)
    Average number of friends on facebook is directly proportional to the length of your online penis.

I think you meant

Average number of Online friends is proportional to the size of your online penis.

Your online penis is inversely proportional to you real penis.

ReputationRep:
    322. Suprisingly I actually know most of them and see quite a few of them regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends are people from school or uni, a few family members (with privacy settings), and a few people i.e DJ's or promoters for clubs near me (so I can be invited and hear about new events)

ReputationRep:
    I have just over 300, of which a good 90% I know, leaving about 30 who I briefly met at a conference lol

It just depends who you know really... I'm the type of person who will talk to pretty much anyone, which is why those 300 odd are from the year below, my year, the year above, and some a few years above.

I never add anyone I don't know, but what's the big deal?

If people you know, okay, maybe you're not really good friends with them, send you a friend request, I feel bad not to accept it if I know who they are...

Maybe I'm just too kind :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    I've got 250ish. Majority are old school friends I haven't talked to for years. But I've met them all before, I don't like to add random people.

ReputationRep:
    i have abt 280..about 20 being family, and most of the rest in my 6th form, so i know all of them, and i dont get any random people adding me? i think its just girls who get added by random guys, i dont do that though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.