Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's the average number of friends on facebook? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have about 100. But who cares anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rottcodd)
    Average number of friends on facebook is directly proportional to the length of your online penis.
    Yes, indeed sir!

Just to re-iterate: The average number of friends on facebook, is directly proportional to the length of your penis.

ReputationRep:
    250 exactly, and I have known or currently know all of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    i have 130. My dad has 340 :o: tis shameful
    Haha awww.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I have..

172 friends currently..

But I know them all, and i've been to three different secondary schools and two different primary schools..

I'd never accept/send friend requests from people I don't know..

I seem to get lots of dodgies on facebook..

ReputationRep:
    I have 541 friends... I know them all, but am not close friends with all of them. I moved schools when I was in primary school, and have been to 3 different secondary schools... as well as stuff like dancing classes, sailing, general stuff like that. And friends of friends who I meet and get on well with. And I have two jobs, so work friends as well. Oh yeah and family.

It all adds up really. I don't accept friend requests from people who I have no idea who they are.

I think its really nice to catch up with people who I haven't seen in about 10 years in some cases...even if it is jsut to say hi and find out what they are up to and have a nosy at what they are like now. I don't talk to all of my facebook friends on a regular basis, but its nice to have the oppurtunity

ReputationRep:
    I've got about 400. I'm just a popular young lady.

ReputationRep:
    I have 537 friends apparently. :P
    erm, I know pretty much all of them. About 20-30 are internet people though. Like, some people I've met off the student room or another forum.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    410!! I would say most are people I have gone out with, about half are mates, about 20 are really good mates, and about 3 are best mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kklol)
    i didnt say i'd never be friend with him. however, i find it sad that the internet has replaced dialogue as the means to make friends with people. Surely the polite thing for anybody to do is approach somebody first and then when they become friends add them online.
    does it even matter? this is such a pointless non-issue.

ReputationRep:
    I have just under 450, all of whom I know personally.
    =]

ReputationRep:
    416. I know them all, mostly from primary school, then high school.

After that I went to a college that NO ONE from my old school went so I had to make totally new friends there. Also most of my friends are in the year above so I regularly take trips to see them at uni and have become friends with their friends

ReputationRep:
    I have 378, made up of family, people from high school, people from 6th form, people from Uni, people from my post grad uni and others I've met from out and about places. I don't have anyone I don't know although I admit not talking to them all all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    does it even matter? this is such a pointless non-issue.
    well to me it seems ridiculous to make someone an online friend before they're your friend in real life

ReputationRep:
    ummmm I have about 400, most of whom I know through other people or who know me some how...

ReputationRep:
    I have 202, all of which I know and have spoken to. I won't add people I don't know.

I'm currently thinking about removing the 30-odd friends from school though. I never speak to them and that time has passed, really.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoys me when people moan about other people adding people they don't know too well. I mean, i've added people i've met a couple of times on a night out or whatever, and then i've got to know them really well. I don't care about how many friends i've got on facebook, who actually looks at the number anyway?

For the record, i've got 309 friends.

ReputationRep:
    60. Mostly college buddies and a few random people i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Old thread but FB have a stats section http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics

Average is 120friends

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.