college to university

Watch this thread
revo349
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so I'm about to start a 2 year course at the end of the summer in college, but there is an option to leave after 1 year and still get a qualification. would it be possible for me to do the 1st year, apply to uni and then if I get dont get accepted, then go on to do the 2nd year? not sure how it works
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What is the qualification - exact title and subject.
revo349
Rep:
1st year is btec level 3 foundation diploma, and 2nd year is extended diploma. its Digital and Computing Technologies
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You wont get into Uni without the Extended Diploma.
Do the whole course.
revo349
Rep:
i contacted a few universities and they told me i could get in with the foundation diploma, but only for a foundation year course
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by revo349)
i contacted a few universities and they told me i could get in with the foundation diploma, but only for a foundation year course
A foundation year course would mean an extra year of course fees and living costs at uni. Depending on your circumstances, it is usually a lot cheaper to take the extended diploma at home and then go to uni.
revo349
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by normaw)
A foundation year course would mean an extra year of course fees and living costs at uni. Depending on your circumstances, it is usually a lot cheaper to take the extended diploma at home and then go to uni.
yeah, I know what you mean, but fortunately, my circumstances are good. i would do another year but honestly I'm having a really bad time at my college i go to rn xd so i want to leave as soon as possible if u know what i mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads