economics at cambridge without further maths

Watch this thread
jamesjjjj1
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i do maths chemistry and geography for a level. although cambridge dont seem to say further maths is mandatory, everywhere online p much seems to be saying that its unrealistic to get in without further maths. wondering if the fact that this year theyve switched to an entirely maths based entrance exam for economics might mean theyd put aside not having further maths if i did well on that bc it demonstrates aptitude in maths, but then again that could just be wishful thinking. my gcses and a levels should be strong enough otherwise (5 8s 5 9s gcse predicted grades should be 3 a*s plus an epq) and i should be able to demonstrate wider reading and stuff, but would that ever be enough without further maths, or do i realistically need to reconsider? thanks
thegeek888
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It is obvious from the entry requirements, that A*'s in Maths and Further Maths would be advantageous. Also, you require A*A*A as a minimum for admission at Cambridge University for BA Economics.

LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol, Manchester and Nottingham will also be highly mathematical. So you should really take A-Level Further Maths. Especially since there are so many YouTube videos online and the new textbooks are impressive as well.

I can send you the eBooks and you can get started immediately.

It costs £350 for CP1, CP2, FM1 and FD1 modules in A-Level Further Maths as a Private Candidate at Campbell Harris College, which is located on 185 High Street Kensington, London, W8 6SH https://www.campbellharris.co.uk/how-to-register
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (8)
34.78%
Take a gap year (5)
21.74%
Resit my exams (6)
26.09%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (2)
8.7%
I don't know yet (1)
4.35%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.35%

Watched Threads