Whitefields - why so cheap?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm looking into my accommodation choices right now and I'm wondering why Whitefields is so cheap compared to the others? It doesn't seem that bad.

I'd appreciate anyone weighing in
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Make lists. Then decide.
mxtt_helm
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm looking into my accommodation choices right now and I'm wondering why Whitefields is so cheap compared to the others? It doesn't seem that bad.

I'd appreciate anyone weighing in
I don't think you get your own sink in your personal room and the kitchens are tiny. also, I think it was one of the first ones built.
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah its very basic and kinda ugly, but location wise its one of the best on campus
mxtt_helm
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ran-dumb)
Yeah its very basic and kinda ugly, but location wise its one of the best on campus
Second this. It's the closest to central campus, even closer than Rootes.
grud
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it's probably the worst accom on campus, that's why. sure its got a good location but there's rats everywhere, the paths outside the accom are filled with them and it's very dimly lit too. the few times i've walked up past it theres always been rats, probably cause of the darkness. it's not spacious either, everything's pretty small. i only know one person who stayed there and they moved out because their accom flooded..
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Very basic but I don't think it's too bad. If you're very tight for money, it's not a bad option. But if you can afford the one-step-up Cryfield Standard, Westwood, Rootes, you'd probably rather do that.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
Warwick PG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I haven't been in a Whitefields accom, just because none of my friends lived there in first year. From what I've heard, the low cost is down to things like smaller room size, older facilities and lots of people sharing a small ish kitchen. I have heard that because of this, people living in the flats tend to become very close.

Any other questions, pls let me know.

Davina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads