If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on?

Watch this thread
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on? You have to spend it, can't save it - so what would you spend it on?
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on? You have to spend it, can't save it - so what would you spend it on?
Clothes!
I have a thing for kinda expensive clothes from this one alternative fashion shop so I’d spend it all there straight away
My parents have banned me from buying any more shirts from there though
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Food.

Spoiler:
Show
Not all for myself - I'd treat my family to a meal out.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
incredibly difficult
maybe uni stuff but I don't even know if im going to uni yet
maybe on a trip to Thorpe park with friends as I'm worried about funding that trip with them! I can travel there comfortably, not worry about bringing food w me, etc

oh yeh and this restaurant/cafe I wanna go to!
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the OP says you have to spend it!
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Motors, pogo pins, wire, bearings, and a new soldering iron.
Very dull, but I need to restock my supplies of tat.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would buy... yeah, I can't think of anything yet lol.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by RushingRiver)
Clothes!
I have a thing for kinda expensive clothes from this one alternative fashion shop so I’d spend it all there straight away
My parents have banned me from buying any more shirts from there though
Haha aww how many items of clothes could you get there for £100? Not many by the sounds of it?
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Dipped into the overdraft, so I'd pay that off.
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I will spend it on buying some index funds. That doesn't count as saving, right?
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I might just be able to get a third of a tank of petrol with that
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Haha aww how many items of clothes could you get there for £100? Not many by the sounds of it?
Depends on what you get!
Cheapest shirts are £20 each or two for £30. The most expensive are over £60 each (got a dress that was closer to £70 I think) so nope, not many
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
I might just be able to get a third of a tank of petrol with that
£35 and I couldn't even get a full half a tank of petrol in my tiny i10 the other day. Usually that will *almost* fill up the entire thing...
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it would probably just end up going towards rent tbh
mnot
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
£35 and I couldn't even get a full half a tank of petrol in my tiny i10 the other day. Usually that will *almost* fill up the entire thing...
Prices are stupid right now (think it petrol was 188.9 for me this weekend).
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by TriplexA)
Food.

Spoiler:
Show
Not all for myself - I'd treat my family to a meal out.
Haha me too I think! (Unless I can think of a physical item that I would want to buy, which I can't at the moment). I love going for meals out with friends and family. Or I'd put it towards another experience like tickets somewhere
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As George Best said, booze, women and fast cars, and the rest Id just waste.
Though I guess that would be £100 quitd back in the sixties, rather than buying a couple of mars bars today.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Print out out loads of depressing memes and post them to all the Tories.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
incredibly difficult
maybe uni stuff but I don't even know if im going to uni yet
maybe on a trip to Thorpe park with friends as I'm worried about funding that trip with them! I can travel there comfortably, not worry about bringing food w me, etc

oh yeh and this restaurant/cafe I wanna go to!
Thorpe park sounds fun I've been to Alton Towers a few times, but not Thorpe park.

Ooh what would you get in the restaurant/cafe? :yum:
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thorpe park sounds fun I've been to Alton Towers a few times, but not Thorpe park.

Ooh what would you get in the restaurant/cafe? :yum:
It's this vegan restaurant and they serve ackee which is this fruit that features in a lot of Caribbean meals so I wanna try that also pistachio and rosewater (the name is something along those lines, lol) cake !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (42)
28.77%
Take a gap year (23)
15.75%
Resit my exams (40)
27.4%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.01%
I don't know yet (16)
10.96%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.11%

Watched Threads