Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, is anyone studying here? How's the university/courses/student life/accomodation/etc?

I'm really interested in applying here, but I would like an inside oppinion

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serpent)
    So, is anyone studying here? How's the university/courses/student life/accomodation/etc?

I'm really interested in applying here, but I would like an inside oppinion

Thanks
    I'm there. What courses are you interested in doing?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm thinking about Events Management and Music Production (one of these two).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serpent)
    Well, I'm thinking about Events Management and Music Production (one of these two).
    I have a friend that's doing events management and she's really enjoying it. If you have any specific questions about the course I can send her an email, but I know she's loving it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm there!! It's a really nice place. My friend is doing events management and i have friends that work within the music dep. If you want to talk to me about any aspect of CCCU life then message me!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm there!! It's a really nice place. My friend is doing events management and i have friends that work within the music dep. If you want to talk to me about any aspect of CCCU life then message me!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    this is what i have to say about cccu:
    girls - HOT! HOT! HOT! - and pretty easy!
    guys - complete *****.

ReputationRep:
    Has the best student accommodation I've seen, despite not attending there. The standard size rooms are massive, so you can only imagine what the ensuite rooms are like.

ReputationRep:
    Im also thinking of applying here to do marketing or events managment. anyone know what the course is like?
    whats it uni and night life like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalicious)
    Im also thinking of applying here to do marketing or events managment. anyone know what the course is like?
    whats it uni and night life like?
    Its got 3 main clubs:
    Venue - In UKC but CCCU students can also go there as it is 50% owned by them aparently... Probably the worst out of the 3, but not that bad.

Works/Bizz/Baabars - In town. Has 3 floors which play 3 different kinds of music. Bottom floor is crap, middle is good, and top is the best.

Chill - Also in town. Probably the best out of the 3. Has 2 floors although the top one is only mainly a bar, cloakroom and some booths which you cant rent for the night. However, the dancefloor is quite small and it can get very crowded in there. Has the best looking girls as well.

You then have quite a lot of bars and studio41 which is the gay club, so i havent been there and dont intend to in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTurbinado)
    You then have quite a lot of bars and studio41 which is the gay club, so i havent been there and dont intend to in the future.
    Err I would class Studio 41 as one of the 3 main clubs rather than the Venue, especially for CCCU students since the Venue is on UKC campus. Studio 41 is Time Tunnel on a Friday night (playing some slightly older music) and Girls And boYs on a Saturday night (gay club). And it is not just gay people there on a Saturday night, it is in fact very popular with a lot of straight people, most people I know have been there at least once. They put on some awesome nights, regular foam parties, various themes involving glow in the dark, ducks and all sorts of fancy dress. They also take ideas for themes from their Facebook group. Despite it being a gay club it is good fun for gays and straights.

ReputationRep:
    There is also CSR radio which is a student radio station joint owned by Christchurch and Kent unis.

ReputationRep:
    3 clubs? is that really all? hmmm, also why is it called canterbury christ church uni? thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to cccu in september 09! (i'm on a gap year at the moment).
    it wasn't my first choice, but as i did very badly in my a levels i can't really complain about it!
    so yeah, was slightly "meeerrr" about going as it was a second choice, but now i think i'm excited!
    & about the 3 clubs; where i'm from, there are a number of clubs & a number of bars, & to be honest, me & my pals only really ever go into the same 3 or 4 places. it's who your with that counts. aha. cliche or what. but it's true. (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenfg)
    i'm going to cccu in september 09! (i'm on a gap year at the moment).
    it wasn't my first choice, but as i did very badly in my a levels i can't really complain about it!
    so yeah, was slightly "meeerrr" about going as it was a second choice, but now i think i'm excited!
    & about the 3 clubs; where i'm from, there are a number of clubs & a number of bars, & to be honest, me & my pals only really ever go into the same 3 or 4 places. it's who your with that counts. aha. cliche or what. but it's true. (:
    Though there's not that many clubs, there's a really good variety of pubs that suit all different type of scenes. So don't think you're going to be stuck indoors all the time, I go to different pubs each night and it's a lot of fun, but then I'm not really a clubbing person!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a student at Christ Church, and i can honestly say that it wasnt what i was expecting- it turned out to be alot better! I come from London originally so it doesnt meet up to London, but it doesnt disappoint, even with the few clubs there is always sumting to do, especially houseparties and pubs!
    the uni itself is quite small, so u get to meet alot of people. overall, i wudnt say that canterbury is the most exciting place, but 4 a student it does offer alot, n the uni facilities r quite helpful also.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be a student there next year. After reading your post, i'm really looking forward to be a student there

ReputationRep:
    I just put Christ Church as my firm, and was going to book, accommodation, is there anywhere specific anyone would recommend? I was looking at Parham road but am not sure, what are other peoples thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    There may not be many clubs at Christchurch, but you are allowed access to the clubs and the Venue at the nearby University of Kent. There are many sports societies at Christchurch, as well as the student radio CSR which is for all students studying at Canterbury. You can apply to volunteer for the radio station in several areas, such as Editing, Broadcasting, Speechwriting etc.
    Here is the CSR website:
    http://www.csrfm.com/index.php

It is free to join and you might even get the chance to host your own radio show.

Also Christchurch's graduate teaching programme is supposed to be in the top ten in the UK, so if any of you are interested in going into teaching after graduating, Christchurch is a good bet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm looking into CCCU at the moment at the primary education courses. It seems to be really popular. How hard is it to get into it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.