Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This uni is my first choice!! i loved it! I need to sort out my accommodation though, anyone no what are the best places are to stay first year?? nowhere boring!

ReputationRep:
    It's uni accomodations, no where is going to be boring lol, actually nights alone get boring if others have reading week and you dont but that is beside the point

Each has its ups and downs, at the moment I am in Parham which is brilliantly close to asda (unless you can afford sainsbury's) however it is like a 15 minute trek to and from uni so if you end up with late lectures it sucks.

My mates live in Lan Franc which all (as far as i remember) have en-suites and is a 5 minute walk to uni which is great but is a 15 min walk to asda but 5-7 to sainsburys and at the end of town (kind of) so its nicely placed.

Obviously Campus is on campus so if you want to be able to roll out of bed and into your lecture thats probably the best for you but I havent been in a campus room to be honest so i cant really tell you much about that

And all i have heard from my housemates friends who live in pin hill are complaints but i do not have any friends from pin hill and thus cant tell you any positives and negatives

all in all it depends how lazy/fussy/social you are. Parham is pretty big and theres always parties going on somewhere, and great for 24/7 asda (though beware bordem walks normally result in junk food and alcholo being brought) and like i said its a trek from the uni and an even bigger trek to the libary (about half an hour) Having said that Lan Franc is pretty social as well.

Just a little warning though, choose and apply now, I did mine late march and did not get any of my choices.

Hope thats any help, and Enjoy Uni when you get here

Kit

P.S go for a place that has wireless if you can

ReputationRep:
    Hi , does anyone study education studies single degree or even a combined, is it good ? What do you learn? How I'll it help ur future career And does anyone do criminology and same questions...

ReputationRep:
    Is education studies good? What do u do? Hiw does it help ur future career? Is criminology good?

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anyone do education studies? Is it good? Can you tell me more about it.

ReputationRep:
    It is super popular because it's one of the best universities in UK for ITT. Just meet the requirements and make sure you really REALLY want to do it as I promise you that it's a very demanding (but rewarding) course. It's not like other degrees.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, this has helped me a lot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.