Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Just wondering who has a servant or a maid in their house....no no not ur mother for those of you who think good old mom does everything...lol...i mean like a maid or a servant that u pay to do the laundry, washing etc etc?

love ladyshort

ReputationRep:
    Nope, we have cleaners, gardeners, window cleaners etc all coming regulary and we take washing to cleaners in town to do it for us, but no one to call a maid!

Sevant is a bit outdated for england isnt it? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by residentangel)
    Nope, we have cleaners, gardeners, window cleaners etc all coming regulary and we take washing to cleaners in town to do it for us, but no one to call a maid!

Sevant is a bit outdated for england isnt it? :/

lol - I guess so because I was talking to some of my friends and they are all bewildered by the fact that I have a cook, a maid, an ironer and a cleaner. But to me it's just normal because everyone here in India has that. In London I have a maid as well but not like servants etc. I was just wondering who thought it was weird to have maids or "servants" and who actually has them!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    We have a cleaner at uni! But she makes me feel weird as I'm so used to tidying up myself. I have apologised for making a mess a few times, and I often tell her not to bother doing my room.

ReputationRep:
    No, hehe.

I'd feel so guilty if I did. And I couldn't afford it.

The closest we ever had was a window cleaner for a bit, but it was my dad's friend and he offered to do it cheap for us.

Plus, y'know, picking up after yourself and getting the polish out ain't hard. Says the girl in a pile of mess.

ReputationRep:
    last year i was on a really posh cruise and we had a maidwho came in everytime we went out. My mum hated the thought of someone seeing how messy we were and she used to clean up before the maid came in and give her a huge tip anyway!

i kept getting at trouble at dinner times because i used to always reach up to take the plate from the waiter to put it on my table, but he always took it back and put it down himself!

My rich aunt (non working) has a cleaner/ironer which for someone who does nothing all day, i think is a bit excessive.

ReputationRep:
    I do,mm wouldn't be able to do house work and other stuff on her own,plus everybody here has one.

ReputationRep:
    I do, (she practically helped raise me since she's been here for 20 years now) but that's not at all uncommon here... Don't think I could live without her (can't cook or clean to save my life actually...) and cause I love her too!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol phew I'm not the only eh hem *lazy* one then! lol

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.