Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I’ve got a job interview on the 30th of November and I’m expected to do a aptitude test, I’m sure most of you have come across them before. I’ve been working fairly hard on getting my maths up to scratch (Taken two week’s holiday off work to prep for it). Anyway, I’m expecting part of this aptitude test to have questions like the following:

“You are burning 4Kgs of fuel per minute. How much fuel will you need for a 220mile trip if you average 150mph?”

Now I do get the answer to these questions, but there must be a problem with my technique, I take ages doing them almost 50 sec’s which is game over for what I’m going in for. Can anyone post a technique which can increase my speed in doing these types of questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    time = distance/speed

= 220/150
    = 1.47 hours = 88.2 minutes
    88.2 x 4kg = 352.8 kg of fuel

Do you know the speed/distance/time formula? If you do I don't see why it should take you so long?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.