UWS or GCU Adult Nursing

Watch this thread
Justine87
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there is much difference between GCU and UWS (Paisley Campus) for adult nursing? X
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justine87)
Hi there, can anyone tell me if there is much difference between GCU and UWS (Paisley Campus) for adult nursing? X
All the nursing courses are all set by NMC regulations so all you need to do is quality as a adult nurse regardless of where you are taught about. So much difference there as how you are taught is the only difference.

Only difference between universities are usually how you get taught about the nursing degree.
Each placements are completely different from one another as well.

You need to think where about will your placements be for each university as you are solely responsible for getting to them as all hospitals based wards placements are a 7.15am start or 7.15pm start for Nightshift.
GP surgeries and outpatients departments clinic's are generally between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday with day off in the week plus free weekends compared to hospitals wards placements when you are working 3 x 12.25 hours shifts regardless of dayshift, Nightshift and weekends working with 4 days of per week.

I would say Glasgow Caledonian is more central to the city centre of Glasgow with transport link's perhaps easier for to get to there over Paisley.

Depending on where you are coming from for to go to university at either could be useful for you for to get to the campus.

I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife who went to Edinburgh Napier for the degree over West of Scotland university just because they had much better set up and more modern technology etc at the time I was doing my degree. I'm a Glaswegian and I'm back home there working as a registered midwife.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (128)
40%
They're exactly what I expected (79)
24.69%