Passed but can’t progress ?

Watch this thread
Charliemeg
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help I have passed all my modules in my law exams UOB with 2.1 results. But it says I am unable to progress to year 3. I have emailed my tutor with no reply yet. Does anyone know why this could be ? Or who else I could email for help. I really am confused.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Charliemeg)
Can anyone help I have passed all my modules in my law exams UOB with 2.1 results. But it says I am unable to progress to year 3. I have emailed my tutor with no reply yet. Does anyone know why this could be ? Or who else I could email for help. I really am confused.
Are you an international student? Could it be a funding / visa issue?

Alternatively, were there any academic/behavioural/disciplinary issues during the last year which may have resulted in some sort of "penalty" being issued against you?

When you say, "it says I am unable to progress to year 3", what is "it"? What is the exact wording used?
Charliemeg
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)

Alternatively, were there any academic/behavioural/disciplinary issues during the last year which may have resulted in some sort of "penalty" being issued against you?

When you say, "it says I am unable to progress to year 3", what is "it"? What is the exact wording used?
Hi. No I’m a UK student. I had nothing against me this year. I had a little bit of time off due to illness but caught up with everything.
It says
The board of examiners have approved the recommendation that you are not currently able to proceed to the next year of your programme.
I just don’t understand.
Charliemeg
Rep:

It says I can appeal but I don’t know what I am appealing so can’t attach evidence.
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi. No I’m a UK student. I had nothing against me this year. I had a little bit of time off due to illness but caught up with everything.
It says
The board of examiners have approved the recommendation that you are not currently able to proceed to the next year of your programme.
I just don’t understand.
Very strange. Can you access a full transcript, to show everything at a more detailed level? Is there a chance that your average score was above 60% (hence a 2:1) but some part of some module was missed whilst you were ill, and it's been overlooked?

In you first post you mentioned "UOB". Assuming that means University of Birmingham (does it?) then you could try contacting a relevant person from the list of Law School Admin staff here. Perhaps the Academic Administration and Quality Assurance Manager? Or perhaps just the main "Current student enquiries e-mail address": [email protected]?
Charliemeg
Rep:
It says I have passed every single module and every single assessment.
Yeah I’m university of Birmingham. I will try emailing more people just don’t know who will answer sue to it being holidays.
Thankyou for your help really is appreciated it’s so stressful
Very strange. Can you access a full transcript, to show everything at a more detailed level? Is there a chance that your average score was above 60% (hence a 2:1) but some part of some module was missed whilst you were ill, and it's been overlooked?

In you first post you mentioned "UOB". Assuming that means University of Birmingham (does it?) then you could try contacting a relevant person from the list of Law School Admin staff here. Perhaps the Academic Administration and Quality Assurance Manager? Or perhaps just the main "Current student enquiries e-mail address": [email protected]?
Charliemeg
Rep:
Heard back from tutor and deputy head. It’s been a mistake and will be corrected by the end of the week. So relieved.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Heard back from tutor and deputy head. It’s been a mistake and will be corrected by the end of the week. So relieved.
Great - how on earth did that mistake happen though?
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That's great news!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
69%
In the post (4)
4%
Text (13)
13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (14)
14%

Watched Threads